Ellina Grigorieva, Ph.D.
Professor, TWU Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Office: MCL 423
- Optimal control theory
- Game theory
- Modeling and control of epidemics
- Optimal control of HIV, allergy and other immune disorders
- Math education (methods of solving complex math problems)
- MATH 1013 (Introduction to Mathematics)
- MATH 1023 (Introduction to Mathematics)
- MATH 1303 (Elementary Analysis 1)
- MATH 1313 (Elementary Analysis 2)
- MATH 1703 (Elementary Statistics 1)
- MATH 1713 (Elementary Statistics 2)
- MATH 2203 (Business Analysis 1)
- MATH 2213 (Business Analysis 2)
- MATH 2014 (Introductory Calculus 1)
- MATH 2024 (Introductory Calculus 2)
- MATH 3083 (Elementary Number Theory)
- MATH 3123 (Differential Equations)
- MATH 3073 (Matrix Methods)
- MATH 3063 (Linear Algebra)
- MATH 5593 (Differential Equations)
- MATH 5513 (Matrix Algebra)
- MATH 5423 (History of Mathematics)
- MATH 5523 (Intro Number Theory)
- MATH 5033 (Advanced Calculus)
- MATH 5833 (Computer-Aided Mathematical Modeling)
- MATH 5913 (Optimal Control Theory)
- Ellina Grigorieva "Methods of Solving Sequence and Series Problems," 2016, Birkhauser, http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319456850
- Ellina Grigorieva "Methods of Solving Nonstandard Problems", September 24, 2015 is available at http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319198866
- Ellina Grigorieva "Methods of Solving Complex Geometry Problems", August 19, 2013 is available at http://www.springer.com/978-3-319-00704-5
- Grigorieva E.V., Khailov, E.N., Korobeinikov A., 2016, “Optimal Control for a SIR Epidemic Model with Nonlinear Incidence Rate”. Math. Model. Nat. Phenom., Vol. 11, No 4, pp 89-104. DOI: 10.1051/mmnp/201611407
- Grigorieva E.V. and E.N. Khailov, 2015 “Optimal Intervention Strategies for a SEIR Control Model of Ebola Epidemics”, Mathematics, Vol.3, pp. 961-983
- Grigorieva E.V. and E.N. Khailov, 2015. “Analytical Study of Optimal Control Intervention Strategies for Ebola Epidemic Model”, SIAM, SP15, pp.392-399 (http://epubs.siam.org/doi/pdf/10.1137/1.9781611974072.54)
- Grigorieva E.V. and E.N. Khailov, 2015 “An Optimal Control Problem for Borrowing” Computational Mathematics and Modeling, Vol. 26, No1, pp.14-34.
- Grigorieva E. V. and E.N. Khailov, 2015. “Optimal Control for an Epidemic in Populations of Varying Size” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems PP 549-561
- Grigorieva E.V. 2015. “Optimal Production-Sales Strategies for a Company at Changing Market Price”Mathematical Review, Vol 22(1), pp. 89-112.
- Grigorieva E. V. and E.N. Khailov, 2015. “Time Optimal Control Problem for the Waste Water Biotreatment Model”, Journal of Dynamical and Control Systems, Vol. 21, N 1, pp 3-24.
- Grigorieva E. V. and E.N. Khailov, 2014. “Optimal Vaccination, Treatment, and Preventive Campaigns in Regard to the SIR Epidemic Model”, Math. Model. Nat. Phenom., Vol. 9, No 4, pp 105-121.
- Grigorieva E.V., E.N. Khailov and A. Korobeinikov 2014. “Modeling and Optimal Control for Antiviral Treatment”, Special issue on Analytic Modeling in Biology and Medicine of Journal of Biological Systems, Vol. 22 , No. 2, pp. 199-217
- Khailov E.N., Grigorieva E.V., 2014 “On chattering solutions for the maximum principle boundary-value problem in the optimal control problem in microeconomics”, Computational Mathematics and Modeling, vol. 25, N 2, pp.158-168.
- Grigorieva E.V., E.N. Khailov, 2013. “Optimal control for an susceptible-infected-recovered infectious disease model J. Coupled Syst. Multiscale Dyn. Vol 1(3), pp 1-8.
- Grigorieva E. V. and E.N. Khailov, 2013. “Optimal Control of HIV Treatment”, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems. Supplement Volume. Page 311-322.
- Grigorieva E.V., E.N. Khailov and A. Korobeinikov 2013. “Analysis of Optimal Control Problems of Wastewater Biological Treatment” Revista de Matem´atica: Teor´ıa y Aplicaciones, (ISSN 1409-2433) Vol. 20(2):103-118.
- Grigorieva E.V., Khailov E.N., Korobeinikov A., 2013 “Parametrization of the attainable set for a nonlinear control model of a biochemical process”, Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering, Vol.10(4), pp. 1067-1094
Recent Peer-Reviewed Articles
- Grigorieva V. and E. Khailov, 2017, “Optimal preventive strategies for SEIR type model of the 2014 Ebola epidemics”, Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete and Impulsive Systems, (forthcoming)
- Grigorieva E.V. and Khailov, E.N. 2016, “Comparison of approaches of estimating the number of switchings of the optimal controls in the optimal control epidemiology problem” , the proceedings of the International Conference on Dynamical Systems: Inverse problems, stability and Control Processes, Moscow Russia, September 22-23, 2016
- Grigorieva E.V., Khailov, E.N., Korobeinikov A., 2016, Optimal Control for a SIR Epidemic Model with Nonlinear Incidence Rate. Mathematical Modelling of Natural Phenomena 11(4), pp. 89—104, DOI: 10.1051/mmnp/201611407
- N. Khailov, E.V. Grigorieva, 2016, On splitting quadratic system of differential equations // Systems Analysis: Modeling and Control. Abstr. Intern. Conf. in memory of Acad. Arkady Kryazhimskiy (Ekaterinburg, Russia, 3-8 October, 2016). Ekaterinburg, IMM UB RAS, 2016. P.64-66.
Dr. Grigorieva’s Bio
Ellina Grigorieva was born and raised in Moscow, Russia. From the age of two, her family members noted that she could sing a melody accurately and beautifully, even before she could clearly talk. As a young girl, Ellina trained professionally as a musician and attended music school, where she studied violin and piano for seven years. During college, she sang soprano and traveled all over the world with the Moscow State University Academic Choir. It was during one of these trips that Ellina witnessed the fall of the Berlin Wall and the subsequent reunification of Germany.
After winning a math Olympiad, Ellina was admitted to Lomonosov Moscow State University without exams. She graduated with summa cum laude honors and a gold medal, and went on to earn her Ph.D. in physical and mathematical sciences.
Today, Ellina still loves singing and playing classical and modern pop music. Her weekends are busy, and she can often be found working on a new scientific research paper, attending the Dallas Symphony, viewing an opera, or shopping with her daughter Sasha.
Page last updated 4:55 PM, October 26, 2017