Texas Association of Women's Clubs
The Texas Federation of Colored Women's Clubs was organized in 1905 by Mrs. M. E. Y. Moore in Gainesville, Texas. By forming a federation of independent women's clubs, the aim was to work together to improve the homes and the moral and social life in the communities of Texas. The TAWC adopted the motto of the National Association of Colored Women's Clubs,"Lifting as we Climb." In 1956 the name changed to the Texas Association of Women's Clubs (TAWC).