Tracing its roots to 1897, the Texas Federation of Women’s Clubs began with twenty-one signatory clubs organized in Waco as the Texas Federation of Literary Clubs. Their objective was to establish communication and cooperation between the existing clubs devoted to education and self-improvement. A year later, in 1898, activity had dramatically expanded to include cultural and community improvement, and the name was changed to the Texas Federation of Women's Clubs (TFWC). By 1899, TFWC broadened its scope even further by becoming part of the General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC).
About the Archive
The Woman's Collection at Texas Woman's University serves as the state archive for the Texas Federation of Women’s Clubs. The TFWC collection consists of:
- Charters & Bylaws
- Financial Records
- Printed Materials
- News Clippings
- Convention Programs
- Presidential Correspondence
- Yearbooks & Directories
Texas Federation of Women’s Club Digital Archive
View materials records from the Texas Federation of Women’s Clubs Collection.