Visiting the Libraries
Borrowing Materials (Courtesy Cards)
This page contains information for visitors to the Libraries. Information for current students, faculty, & staff is available here: Borrowing Materials
Courtesy cards are available to:
- UNT Students, Staff, Faculty
- TA&M Commerce Students, Staff, Faculty
- TexShare Patrons
- TWU Alumni Association Members
- Denton County Residents
- Dallas County Residents
Responsibilities & Privileges
Borrowing privileges are extended according to the regulations and policies of the TWU Libraries. You assume full responsibility for all materials issued on your university ID (library card) and for any fines, damages, and/or lost book charges incurred. These responsibilities include the checkout of Library laptops. Your TWU ID card or Courtesy Card, along with your TexShare card, DL or other Institution ID must be presented each time you borrow materials or use library services. Only the person identified on the card may check out Library materials. Only currently enrolled students, staff, and faculty have access to Library computer services, although guest computer stations are available. Lost TWU ID, TexShare, or Courtesy Cards should be reported immediately.
Register for a Courtesy Card
If you would like to obtain a card, please approach the the Circulation Desk at a TWU Library with your Driver’s License and either a TexShare card, Institution ID, Alumni card, or proof of residency and let the employee know that you are interested in applying for a Courtesy Card
Guest Computer Stations at Blagg-Huey Library
- There are guest computer stations available in the library. Please ask to use a guest station at the Information Desk. The librarian or student assistant on duty will log you in to the computer.
- You may access TWU Library databases and the internet from a guest computer station.
- We are unable to provide off campus access to our databases, electronic journals, and other subscription-based electronic resources to visitors, due to licensing restrictions.
Hours, Directions, & Maps
Denton Visitor Parking
Visitor parking is located in the front of the TWU Library. Please stop at the information booth in front of the parking lot in order to get a visitor permit on the Denton Campus.
- Denton Campus DPS: 940-898-2911
- Dallas Center DPS: 214-689-6666
- Houston Center DPS: 713-794-2222