Information for Authors
Article Open Access Publishing Fund
Texas Woman’s University Open Access Fund pilot provides scholarly funding to TWU full-time faculty members who wish to publish their work in peer-reviewed, Open Access journals that charge publication fees. Beginning Fall 2015 the Fund provides awards of up to $3000/article per author/contact, person/lead or author group in an open access journal. Funds will be distributed by semester: Fall(August - December), Spring(January - April), Summer (May - July) for publications that meet the following.
To be eligible for support, a work must be:
- Authored by current full-time TWU faculty (clinical or tenure track).
- A peer-reviewed journal article, scholarly monograph, conference proceeding, or data set.
- Published in a journal or platform that is openly available immediately upon publication after charges are paid.
- Published in a traditional subscription based or 'hybrid' journal that offers an open access option.
- Accepted for publication at the time of application for funding support.
- Not eligible for funding by a grant that would cover publication charges.
- The publication must have a standard article fee schedule publicly posted. Costs for reprints, color illustration fees, non-open access page charges, administrative charges and other fees are not supported. The article must be available immediately upon publication.
Funding Review Process:
- Funds are disbursed provided all guidelines are met and funding is available.
- Eligible journals must be listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals or meet DOAJ’s selection criteria, have membership in the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association, or adhere to Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association Code of Conduct. Book publishers may be listed in the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB). Only one of the criteria is required.
- The library requires an official invoice to pay the publisher. No funds will be released without an official invoice from the publisher.
Deposit in Repository@TWU:
- Must deposit the funded article in Repository@TWU.
- Are requested to include this statement in their acknowledgements: This article was published with support from Texas Woman’s University Libraries’ Open Access Fund.
Applying for Funding:
Members of the TWU community can apply for funds upon acceptance of their article by completing the online application form. Submitters will be contacted within 72 hours.