LEAD-UP: Free Diabetes Wellness Program
For more than 10 years, LEAD-UP at TWU has helped those with diabetes and pre-diabetes make lifestyle changes to improve their lives. Learn how to boost your glycemic control, attain a healthy body weight, establish a healthy relationship with food, and reduce your likelihood of developing other chronic conditions.
What we offer
- Access to workout facilities, including an indoor track and weight room in TWU's Pioneer Hall
- Exercise guidance, including aerobic and strength training
- One-on-one nutrition counseling
- Monthly nutrition workshops
These services are all FREE thanks to a generous annual grant from the Flow Health Care Foundation, Inc.
Why you should sign-up for LEAD-UP
Regular exercise has been shown to provide many benefits for those with diabetes or pre-diabetes:
- Increase your fitness levels
- Improve your fasting blood glucose and cholesterol levels
- Enhance the effectiveness of insulin
- Boost your overall well-being
Now, let's get moving!
Getting started is easy
- Read the LEAD-UP Welcome Letter - English or LEAD-UP Carta de bienvenida - Español
- Review the Welcome Packet in English or Paquete de Bienvenida en Español and complete the required forms and questionnaire.
- Download the Physician Clearance Form - English or Formulario de Autorización Médica en Español and get it signed by your doctor.
After you have all the forms completed, call us at 940-898-2512 to schedule your initial health assessment and weight room orientation appointment. Bring all your forms to your first appointment.
LEAD-UP work-out facility hours
|Monday - Thursday||Friday|
|11 a.m. - 1 p.m.||11 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
|5:30 -7:30 p.m.|
For more information
Contact Vic Ben-Ezra, Ph.D.
Pioneer Hall Room 212