Maintaining Your Status

  • New and Transfer international students must report to the Office of International Education for document check-in and orientation.
  • Reduced Course Load: must be approved by International Education prior to enrollment in or dropping to less than a full course load. Full-time enrollment for an undergraduate student is 12 credits. Full-time enrollment for a graduate student is 9 credits.
  • On-campus employment: max of 20 hours per week while enrolled in classes.
  • Off-campus employment: must be authorized prior to beginning off-campus employment. Be sure to allow sufficient time for processing.
    • Curricular Practical Training (CPT) โ€“ allow at least 2 weeks.
    • Optional Practical Training (OPT) โ€“ allow 3 months for processing by USCIS
    • Economic Hardship โ€“ allow 4-6 months.
  • Request for New I-20: apply at least 30 days before the I-20 expires.
  • Request for New I-20 to change degree level: new degree must be in Colleague before OIE can update it in SEVIS
  • Travel Endorsement Request Form: allow 2 weeks before traveling; an I-20 signed for travel is good for one year (6 months on OPT).
  • Prior to Transfer Out Request Form to a new school: Notify International Education and submit Transfer SEVIS Record form.
  • Prior to Ending Studies Form at TWU for any reason, you must notify International Education.
  • Prior to concurrent enrollment at another school: you must notify International Education and obtain a Concurrent Enrollment Form for the other school. 
  • Orientation: All new and transfer international students must attend an International Orientation provided by TWU.

Page last updated 8:47 AM, June 5, 2017