Maintaining Your Status
- New and Transfer international students must report to the Office of International Education for document check-in and orientation.
- Reduced Course Load: must be approved by International Education prior to enrollment in or dropping to less than a full course load. Full-time enrollment for an undergraduate student is 12 credits. Full-time enrollment for a graduate student is 9 credits.
- On-campus employment: max of 20 hours per week while enrolled in classes.
- Off-campus employment: must be authorized prior to beginning off-campus employment. Be sure to allow sufficient time for processing.
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT) – allow at least 2 weeks.
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) – allow 3 months for processing by USCIS
- Economic Hardship – allow 4-6 months.
- Request for New I-20: apply at least 30 days before the I-20 expires.
- Request for New I-20 to change degree level: new degree must be in Colleague before OIE can update it in SEVIS
- Travel Endorsement Request Form: allow 2 weeks before traveling; an I-20 signed for travel is good for one year (6 months on OPT).
- Prior to Transfer Out Request Form to a new school: Notify International Education and submit Transfer SEVIS Record form.
- Prior to Ending Studies Form at TWU for any reason, you must notify International Education.
- Prior to concurrent enrollment at another school: you must notify International Education and obtain a Concurrent Enrollment Form for the other school.
- Orientation: All new and transfer international students must attend an International Orientation provided by TWU.
Page last updated 8:47 AM, June 5, 2017