Established in 2018, the Institute for Women's Leadership serves the State of Texas as a resource for scholarship and research. It includes an interactive learning environment for young Texans to learn about the contributions of women leaders to Texas' history. The Institute will:
- Provide a rich array of scholarship opportunities, lecture series, and be a focal point for research into the role of women in politics and public policy in the widest sense;
- Seek to increase the number of women in leadership positions and focus on developing women's leadership capacity;
- Serve as a repository for women who have been leaders in the areas of business, politics and public policy to donate their archives for future scholarship and exhibits;
- Become the focal point for the Texas Women's Hall of Fame, the Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) National Archives, and other important collections; and
- Assist women who are current or prospective business owners with education and support, prepare students with the practical skills to reach their entrepreneurial goals; and facilitate research regarding the intersection of women and entrepreneurship.