Building 53 on the TWU Campus Map
Designed by architect O’Neil Ford, the Little Chapel-in-the-Woods is designated one of Texas’ 20 most outstanding architectural achievements by the Texas Society of Architects. University students designed and created the building’s artwork, including stained glass windows, lighting, woodwork and flooring.
Texas Women’s Hall of Fame
Located in Hubbard Hall, building 30 on the TWU Campus Map
The Governor’s Commission for Women established the Texas Women’s Hall of Fame in 1984 to honor the state’s most accomplished women. TWU was named the permanent home of the exhibit in 2003.
Texas First Ladies Historic Costume Collection
Located in the walkway between Hubbard Hall and ACT, buildings 30 and 1a on the TWU Campus Map
Presented to TWU in 1940 on behalf of the Texas Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution, the gowns in this collection represent the living history of Texas women, from the state’s early days and the first woman governor to special events at the White House.
Building 35 on the TWU Campus Map
Named for the first female president of TWU, the library houses the Woman’s Collection, the University Archives and the Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASP) archives, in addition to regular holdings. An exhibit on Dr. Feyten and previous TWU presidents will be on display in the library during Inauguration. An exhibit of university history will mark the 100th anniversaries of the TWU Department of Music and the Lasso student newspaper, the 75th anniversary of the Little Chapel-in-the-Woods and the TWU College of Nursing’s 60th year.