DPS and Parking Information
The DPS security desk is located in the main entry area of the first floor as you enter the building.
- From any on campus phone, dial x2222
- From off campus, dial (713) 794-2222
Lost and Found
- All lost or found articles should be reported immediately or turned in to the DPS security desk. You may contact DPS on campus at x2222.
- If you lose an item, please inquire frequently, as it may turn up after your initial report. Please give the TWU community 24 hours to get the items back to DPS.
- For more on DPS information and procedures, visit the main DPS website.
Parking and Transportation
The Texas Medical Center (TMC) gives priority to patients and their guests. Students should cooperate by parking in the outer areas and taking public transportation into TMC. Please consider the following options:
Garage Associated with TWU
The garage associated with TWU is owned by The Methodist Hospital, and has entrances on Main Street as well as “Old Main Street” (a small street between the Bank of America and TWU).
Contract Parking (An Option for Day Students)
- Costs $320 per semester (plus a $15 one-time processing fee for the first-time students), paid in full before the first day of classes each semester.
- To apply for contract parking, bring your TWU student ID to the Standard Parking Office located in Suite #290 of Scurlock Tower of The Methodist Hospital.
- Office Phone: 713-441-4499
- Office hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Free shuttle from TWU to Scurlock Tower: 713-793-7209. This service runs every ten minutes, Monday through Friday, 4:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
- Open Parking spaces are located on the 4th Floor and above. DO NOT park in spaces with gray and white signs: “TWU Reserved Parking”. These are for TWU faculty and staff and all others will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Non-Contract Parking – Pay as You Go
|0 to 20 Minutes||Free|
|21 Minutes to 3 Hours||$7.00|
|3 Hours to 4 Hours||$9.00|
|4 Hours to 5 Hours||$11.00|
|5 Hours to 24 Hours||$13.00|
Fannin South Park & Ride Lot
- Located at 1604 W. Bellfort St. just outside Loop 610 (beyond NRG, behind Sam’s)
- Lot Fee: $3.00 flat rate/vehicle
- Light Rail into the Texas Medical Center:
- Without a METRO Q Card: $2.50 ($1.25 each way)
- With a METRO Q Card (allowing half off traditional fare): $1.20 ($0.60 each way)
METRO Q Card
- METRO offers a "Student Pass" Q Card that gives a 50% discount off the regular fare.
- Only full time students are eligible for the Student Pass: Undergraduate – 12 hours; Graduates – 9 hours.
- Apply for the Q Card with Student Pass at:
The Downtown Transit Center
1900 Main Street
1st Floor – METRO RideStore
(The Light Rail exit is “Downtown Transit Center”)
Hours are 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
When applying, be prepared to show the following:
- TWU Student ID Badge
- Driver’s License
- Proof of full-time enrollment on TWU letterhead from the Registrar's Office on the first floor
- Add money to the Q Card at locations including HEB, Kroger, Randall’s, and METRO RideStores. You can also add funds on the METRO website by using MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
- METRO Contact Information: 713-635-4000 and/or www.ridemetro.org
METRO Park & Ride Locations and Costs
The map on the METRO Park & Rides page provides links to all Park & Ride lots. Most are noted as free for parking your vehicle, with a transportation charge applied when boarding METRO transportation.
Four Park & Rides stop at the TMC Transit Center at Pressler and Fannin (just one block away from TWU):
- Missouri City Park & Ride #170
- W. Belfort/Westwood/TMC Park & Ride #292
- South Point-Monroe/TMC Park & Ride #297
- Addicks-NWTC/TMC Park & Ride #298
These Park & Ride lots charge a fee for parking your vehicle, plus transportation charge applied when boarding METRO transportation:
- Fannin South
- Grand Parkway (probably charges, but it is not clearly noted on the METRO website)
Public Parking at 1020 Holcombe
The parking facility is located at the corner of Main and Holcombe behind the tall 15+ story building on the corner. Managed by Standard Parking.
Non-Contract Parking (An Option for Evening and Weekend Students)
- Spaces in the visitor’s section on the lower level at a flat rate of $10
- No in/out privileges
- The lot fills up quickly, usually by 6:15 or 6:30 a.m. each morning. As people leave close to 5:00 p.m., more spaces become available.
- Call 713-795-4711 for more information
- Rate of $110 a month, with a one-time $10 fee for the display tag.
- Customers use Levels 2 and 3
- Make a first time payment with cash, check or money order in Suite 1310 (Standard Parking Office) in the same building.
- Once the initial payment is made in person, customers may set up an account online for future transactions.
- Credit card or electronic fund transfers accepted.
Texas Medical Center (TMC) Contract Parking
Parking Off-Peak Program (POP) (An Option for Evening and Weekend Students)
- Rate of $95 a month (sales tax NOT included)
- Customers can enter lots AFTER 4:30 p.m. and must exit BEFORE 8:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, weekends, and TMC holidays
- The closest parking area to TWU is the AU Lot at 2050 Pressler St.; Houston, TX 77030.
Contract Parking for Day Students
Contract Parking for day students in TMC Lots range from $100 to $300 a month, depending on the location (sales tax NOT included).
Apply by completing a Texas Medical Center Contract Parking Administration Application.
2450 Holcombe Blvd., Suite 23
Houston, TX 77021
See the TMC Contract Parking page for details.
Page last updated 8:12 AM, June 13, 2018