M.A. in Government with Graduate Certificate in History
- GOV 5033 Research Methods (3 hours)
- At least 3 hours in U.S. Politics, Law, and Government
- At least 3 hours in Global/Comparative Politics
- At least 3 hours in Political Theory
- At least 3 hours in Public Policy
- 3 additional graduate hours in Government
- GOV 5973 Professional Paper (3 hours)
- Plus the Graduate Certificate in History (see below)
The Graduate Certificate in History
- HIST 5033 Research Methods in History
- 5 additional graduate courses in History of your choice
- A capstone written portfolio and oral defense consisting of:
- A written personal statement describing what you have learned in the certificate program and how you plan to utilize it.
- A research component (i.e. paper, poster, literature review, or project from a History class) in which you demonstrate an ability to critically analyze a well-defined problem or issue.
- An oral defense of your portfolio in front of the standing departmental certificate defense committee.
Note that the Graduate Certificate in History requires a written portfolio and oral defense. This portfolio and defense are in ADDITION to the written and oral defense requirements of the professional paper.
The defense of Graduate Certificate Portfolios will happen before a standing departmental committee. Contact the Director of Graduate Study to schedule your certificate defense.
Page last updated 9:03 AM, October 16, 2018