Special Events Policies
To set up an event, contact:
- Player List: The Pioneer Golf Course will need the names of all golfers no later than 5 days prior to the event. Golfers will be paired with golf carts at that time.
- Check In: Groups must arrive at least 45 minutes prior to tee times check in at the golf course front desk. All players must be ready to tee off at their appointed times; tee times cannot be held for tardy players. Registration tables may also be set up in the clubhouse if needed.
- Event Payment: A $50 reservation deposit is required for all gatherings. See the Golf Event Deposit Form for more information. This deposit will be credited towards total payment. The remaining balance will be required the day of the event. If paying by check, please make it out to “Pioneer Golf Course” and include a valid driver’s license number. Cash, credit cards and debit cards are also accepted forms of payment.
- Unused Tee Times: Any unused tee times will be reopen for general public play. Groups will be charged for 50% of their unused tee times.
- Refunds: Reservation deposits may be refunded for cancellation up to 7 days prior to the event. Failure to provide a 7 day notice will result in no refund.
- Rules of Play: Each group will abide by the established rules of the Pioneer Golf Course. Failure to abide by the rules will result in immediate termination of golf course privileges without refund.
- Inclement Weather: In the event of inclement weather, the gathering group has the option of rescheduling or requesting a refund. In the event inclement weather commences during the gathering, neither a refund nor partial refund will be provided.
- Parking: Each group must abide by TWU Parking Rules. Individuals will be responsible for any tickets received due to non-compliance.
- Set Up and Clean Up: Pioneer Golf Course staff will aid groups with set and clean up. However, the staff is unable to assist with food handling or serving.
- Drugs: No drugs are allowed at the Pioneer Golf Course.
- Food and Drink: Glass containers are prohibited. Food is permitted at the golf course during play, before or after the event. Food set up, serving or take down is the responsibility of the gathering’s organization. Please dispose of food/drink materials in trash or recycle receptacles after use.
- Catering: TWU can provide catering recommendations for an additional charge.
- Tables, Chairs and Linens: These can be provided by the TWU Pioneer Golf Course for an additional charge. Requests for tables, chairs and linens must be made no later than 5 days prior to the event.
- Smoking: Smoking and tobacco products are not allowed in the clubhouse.
- Lost or Stolen Items: TWU is not held responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Equipment and Facility Issues: For everyone’s safety, please do not ignore, use, or try to fix broken equipment. If a piece of equipment is broken, please report it to (940) 898-3163 immediately.
- Liability: In consideration for permission to use the facilities, the party or organization reserving the facilities agrees to indemnify and hold harmless TWU, its Regents, officials, and employees for and against any and all liability, attorney’s fees, court costs, loss, or damage the university may suffer as a result of claims, demands, costs or judgments against it arising out of any incident, injury, loss of property, death, or other acts which may occur to or be caused by participants during such use of facilities.
- Supervision: It is understood that the party/organization and all associated individuals will abide by the rules, regulations, and requirements of TWU or the State of Texas for the use of its various services and facilities on the campus, property and grounds of TWU. It is further understood that the party/organization will withdraw, remove or expel any person associated with or participating in the event upon request of TWU for good cause. Moreover, the party/organization agrees to cease and desist any activity, function, programs, etc., upon the request of TWU. Cooperation from our patrons in adhering to the policies set forth in this agreement is most appreciated. Failure to abide by the established procedures could result in cancellation of present reservations, additional charges, and/or loss of privilege for future reservations.
- Injury and/or Damage: TWU is not held responsible for any injury to or damage caused by players. This includes, but is not limited to, damage to cars or other property, and injuries of players. Participation is voluntary; therefore, players assume the risk.
- Large Scale Events: If over 100 people are expected for the event or alcohol is involved, a TWU “Large Event” form must be filed with the Associate Vice President for Student Life. “Large Event” forms must be submitted a minimum of 2 weeks prior to rental, no exceptions. TWU security (police officers) may be mandatory for the event and will be an additional charge.