Outdoor Adventure Leadership Certification
Do you love to explore and have the desire to work outside? Get a strong foundation of experience and knowledge to work in the great outdoors through the Outdoor Adventure Leadership Certificate.
The program provides practical experiences allowing you to build specialized skills such as climbing, camping, hiking, and challenge course facilitation. Complete the program and you will have the knowledge and skills to lead outdoor adventure programs for parks and recreation organizations, churches, university outdoor programs, and more.
You’ll participate in outdoor activities that encourage leadership, group dynamics, conflict resolution, communication, organization, and teamwork. You will aso have the opportunity to apply your skills in a real-world setting through an outdoor leadership immersion course.
- KINS 1311 Introduction to Camping/Backpacking
- KINS 1441 Introduction to Water Activities
- KINS 2132 Outdoor Adventure Activities
- KINS 3303 Leadership through Experiential Learning
- KINS 3313 Wilderness First Responder
- KINS 3553 Exercise and Sport Psychology
- KINS 3323 Outdoor Leadership Immersion
Contact Karrie Fletcher for more information about the certificate