Breathe deep as you stretch to master a new yoga pose, get your heart pumping to the rhythms of Latin music, or push yourself to get tight and toned. Group exercise classes, unless otherwise noted, are free to current TWU students and Fitness and Recreation members.
Classes on the schedule are considered drop-in with no pre-registration required unless specified. However, there are limited number of spaces available and attendance is based on first-come, first-served. Many classes fill up quickly, so get here early!
For our most popular classes, armbands or stamps may be used.
Group X Schedule
Download the Group X Schedule Fall 2017 (pdf) to choose the classes that work with your schedule!
Occasionally, instructors do get sick or have emergencies that requires us to cancel a class. We will try to notify you of this as soon as possible and apologize for the inconvenience. Classes and/or instructors are subject to change without prior notice. You can also keep up with changes on our social media channels.
- Swim Fit: Open to all adult swimmers interested in improving their fitness through improved stroke fundamentals and technique. A relaxed & interval based workout will be offered in each class. Must be able to swim 25 yards continuously.
- Water Works: Water exercise provides aerobic and strength conditioning at the same time. A low impact alternative. In the shallow end of the Pioneer Hall indoor pool. All fitness levels welcome.
- Deep Water: If you like water aerobics but want to take it a little further, this class is for you. You will meet in the deep end of the pool to work on swimming and endurance exercises while sculpting beautiful swimmer muscles.
- Yoga: This is the best class for those new to yoga. In a comfortable environment, this class will introduce the fundamentals of yoga, including breath, proper alignment, and mindfulness. This class is useful for building strength and working around injuries. All fitness levels welcome.
- Gentle Yoga: This class is not as strenuous as the other practiced forms of yoga. Gentle yoga, because of its innate gentle nature, is perfect for those who cannot meet the demands of physically straining exercises. Sessions consist of slight modifications of hatha yoga.
- Restorative Yoga: Provides healing for the body and the mind. It is especially useful when you need to eliminate fatigue and stress that result from your daily activities. Many restorative yoga poses are similar to normal yoga poses, except that they are performed with the support of props. Low intensity for all.
- Sunrise Yoga: Sunrise Yoga is movement and breath work for the beginning yoga student. Mornings are the perfect time to practice yoga with fewer distractions at the start of the day. Sunrise yogi’s enjoy clarity, creativity, and peace of mind.
- Trikona Yoga: A very active Yoga/Pilates fusion class that also incorporates functional strength utilizing weights. Intense core work and a total body workout like no other!
- Pop Pilates: With the choreographed dance moves and the energy of the pop music, this is not your regular Pilates class. It’s an intense workout that is FUN and effective! Develop a rock solid core, while leaving NO muscle untouched. You’ll leave feeling sweaty, strong and ready to take on MORE.
- Pilates: Emphasizes balance through core strength, flexibility, and body awareness. This exercise was utilized by dancers to create long lean muscles. All fitness levels welcome.
- Yoga Flow: This high pace yoga class incorporates vinyasa techniques and creates heat in the body. Come explore what your body can do!
- Slow Flow: This slower pace yoga class goes deeper into the yoga poses, holding stretches for longer periods of time. Helping you to engage more on the focus of breathing and relaxing your body.
- Stretch~Toned~Sculpt: Come try this unique class that is a blend of ballet barre work, TRX, yoga, and Pilates with props. It is a great way to try out different styles of exercises all in one class!
- Disney Cycle: Enjoy watching your favorite Disney movie while exercising at your own intensity level. Instructor present for guidance and to assist in your cardiovascular performance.
- Scenic Cycle: Enhance your cycle experience by watching virtual videos shot in beautiful locations around the world. Classes are led by an instructor who will give you guidance, improve your cardiovascular performance, and use your own body cues to determine intensity.
- Cycle Pump: The perfect combination! Cycling for calorie burning and strength training for toning! Great for total body training and for individuals that are wanting to build endurance for cycling. Moderate intensity.
- Zumba®: A fusion of Latin & international music & dance themes that create dynamic workouts. Routines feature aerobic/fitness interval training with a combination of fast & slow rhythms that tone & sculpt the body. Easy to follow dance moves. All fitness levels welcome!
- Hip Hop: Burn up the dance floor and burn calories too! This upbeat dance class is a combination of breaking, locking, and popping, making them simple and easy to follow! Anyone can do this! This workout feels more like a night out on the town than exercise!
- Dance Fusion: Want to learn different dance styles here is the class for you! This class will teach you ballet, jazz, lyrical, contemporary, modern, tap, musical theatre, and hip hop… all while you get a great workout.
- Boxing: You don’t have to be a boxing pro for this class. You will be taught the basics of boxing and learn shadow boxing. Then you will be put through a heart pumping circuit! What an empowering way to get a workout in, feel stronger and become more confident!
- BODYSHRED™: A 30 minute high intensity metabolic training program designed by celebrity fitness trainer Jillian Michaels! This class works your entire body and the techniques are scientifically proven to maximize calorie burn during and post-workout-ACCELERATED after burn in the goal. You will never look at 30 min the same way again.
- Interval Pump: Interval training or HIIT exercise strategy alternates intense anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods. Done circuit style, this class will get you heart pumping! Can burn 500-800 calories!
- Tight and Toned: This class is geared to get you toned! All over toning exercises will tighten your body up in no time!