When you apply for financial aid, you will automatically be considered for all applicable loans except for the TPE Emergency Loan. Financial aid staff will notify you if there are other steps that need to be taken and you may reject any loans you do not wish to take.
Loans you may be considered for
- Federal Stafford Loan
- Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students
- Federal Graduate PLUS Loan
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Nursing Student Loan
TPE Emergency Loans
- A Texas Public Education Emergency Loan is a short term loan granted to an enrolled student for the amount of tuition and fees only. Loans are available for Texas resident students, non-resident students and foreign students.
- The maximum loan amount per student will be the minimum payment required to complete the current registration.
- For more information or to apply for this loan, visit the TPE Emergency Loans page.
Entrance Loan/Debt Management counseling
While some loans have forgiveness provisions, loans are a debt and must be repaid. Prior to receiving your loan money on a Federal Perkins Loan, Nursing Student Loan, Federal Direct Graduate PLUS, Federal Direct Subsidized Loan, and Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan the federal government requires you to complete a loan counseling session and a promissory note to secure the loan. Federal Perkins Loan and Nursing Student Loan promissory notes will be mailed to you, but you must complete the note at StudentLoans.gov for Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans and Federal Graduate PLUS Loans.