Notification of Award
Your financial aid file will be reviewed within three to six weeks after the Financial Aid Office has received all required forms for the programs for which you have applied.
If your file contains incomplete or inaccurate information or you make changes to your application, you may experience processing delays.
Viewing your award letter
- Once your awards have been finalized, view a copy of your award letter in your Pioneer Portal through WebAdvisor.
- Click on "Financial Aid Award Letter" to view your award letter and important information. Please review your award letter carefully.
- You may accept or decline all or part of your awards in your Pioneer Portal by accessing the "Accept/Reject My Financial Aid Awards" through WebAdvisor.
- You must accept an award before funds can be disbursed to your university account.
After you are awarded
If you are awarded any of the following loans:
- Federal Stafford Loans
- Unsubsidized Stafford Loans
- Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students, and
- Graduate Plus Loans
Complete the following steps:
- Complete a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note at StudentLoans.gov if you have not already done so. A Master Promissory Note is good for up to 10 years.
- Complete Entrance Loan Counseling at StudentLoans.gov each year.
If you are awarded the Federal Perkins Loan or a Federal Nursing Loan you will need to:
- Complete the master promissory note sent to you in the mail after you are awarded.
- Complete Entrance Loan Counseling each year in order to receive payment on the loan.
All Master Promissory Notes and Entrance Loan Counseling must be completed before loans can be disbursed to the student account.