Early Childhood Development & Education

Graduate Programs in Early Childhood Development & Education

If you’re passionate about working with young children and their families, our graduate programs in early childhood development and education can prepare you for a rewarding career as a parent educator, children’s program administrator, child life specialist and more.

What is a Child Life Specialist?

Child life specialists provide services and support for children and their families in hospitals, clinics, doctors’ offices and other health-related settings. These specialists prepare children for medical procedures by using child-friendly, developmentally appropriate language. They also promote family-centered care by providing information and support to parents and siblings of patients.

Course Locations

Major courses in the early childhood development and education component consist of face-to-face and online formats. Face-to-face courses are offered only on the TWU Denton campus. The M.S. in Child Life is a fully online program.

Degree Programs

M.S. in Child Development

M.S. in Child Life

M.Ed. in Early Childhood Education

Ph.D. in Early Child Development and Education

How to apply

The M.S., M.Ed., and Ph.D. degrees in ECDE have rolling admission—there is no deadline to apply.

All applicants must first meet both the General and Graduate Program Admission Requirements set by the Graduate School. See Graduate Admissions Requirements for specific program information.

Admission requirements by program

Current Student Information

Resources for Current Students

For more information

Sharla L. Snider, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Coordinator