Assistance for Faculty Preparing Grant Proposals
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs works with faculty who are in the process of writing a grant proposal for external funding or actively seeking proposal opportunities. The actual writing of the proposal is the responsibility or the faculty member (Principal Investigator or PI) on whose behalf the University submits the proposal.All proposals for external funding must be routed by the PI through the University for written institutional approval using the TWU Proposal Approval Form. When completed, this approval confirms commitments that the PI has discussed previously with the department chair, dean, and others who have a need-to-know interest in the proposed project. The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs can facilitate the routing of the approval form. The office also:
- Assists with identification and dissemination of information on funding sources and works with faculty members on an individual basis as well as conducting funding workshops;
- Helps with all phases of proposal development including budget preparation; filling out certification and assurance forms; obtaining approvals from research-related committees, formatting, proofing, and editing proposals; checking to see that the proposals conform to sponsor guidelines and regulations; and submitting the proposals to the sponsors;
- Conducts workshops on various aspects of proposal writing and budget development;
- Provides the services of a biostatistician to work with faculty;
- Assists faculty to assure compliance with agency regulations.
- Additional sources of helpful information are located on the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs website.