Many TWU students, including dental hygiene students, receive financial aid. Types of assistance, filing dates and procedures are available from the Financial Aid Office.
Dental hygiene majors also may qualify for scholarships from these organizations:
- American Dental Hygienists’ Association
- Dallas Dental Hygienists' Society
- Greater Fort Worth Dental Hygienists' Society
- Texas Dental Hygienists' Association
Local scholarships include the Bette Andrews Dental Hygiene Scholarship, awarded by Dental Hygiene faculty, and the TWU Alumni Association Dental Hygiene Chapter Scholarship for professional entry-level dental hygiene students.
You will have program expenses in addition to tuition and fees.
- Junior year: Approximately $2,500 for CPR certification, uniforms, instruments and supplies, which will be used during your last two years in the program.
- Senior year: Approximately $2,000 for additional instruments and supplies. To become licensed, additional non-TWU-related expenses include licensure examination fees and an optional review course in preparation for the National Dental Hygiene Board Examination.
Page last updated 3:28 PM, May 8, 2018