Dual-Enrollment Dental Hygiene
Earn your Bachelor of Science degree in dental hygiene while earning your Associate of Applied Science degree through this unique dual-enrollment program offered at TWU.
Why Dental Hygiene at TWU?
TWU’s courses are taught online, giving you the flexibility to earn your degree close to home. Plus, you will get your degree from one of the few universities in Texas to offer an accredited undergraduate program in dental hygiene.
This bachelor’s degree requires a minimum of 120 hours total with a minimum 30 coursework hours at TWU. You must also complete upper-division hours. Some of the dental hygiene courses taken through your AAS program may count toward the 36 required hours of upper-division coursework.
Check out the partnering school curriculum agreements for more details:
- Collin College/TWU Dual-Degree Dental Hygiene Program
- Lone Star College/TWU Dual-Degree Dental Hygiene Program
- Temple College/TWU Dual-Degree Dental Hygiene Program
- El Paso College/TWU Dual-Degree Dental Hygiene Program
Other community college agreements are in process. Check back for updates.
Coordination between TWU and these partnering schools—Collin College, Temple College, Lone Star College and El Paso Community College—allows you to earn both an AAS and a BS in about the same amount of time it would take to earn just one degree. To be accepted into and remain in the dual-enrollment program, you must meet these requirements:
- Be enrolled in a partnering college's dental hygiene program
- Earn grades of C or better in all dental hygiene courses
- Complete English Composition I and II with a grade of C or higher (required prior to entry into the dual-enrollment program at TWU)
You must be concurrently enrolled in and complete your associate's degree dental hygiene program to maintain your enrollment in the Dual-Enrollment program.
We recommend you complete introductory statistics and your U.S. government core curriculum course prior to starting the dual-enrollment program as these courses are prerequisites for Applied Evidence-Based Research (DH 4713) and Oral Health Worldview (DH4533), respectively.
How to Apply
This program has a two-step application process.
- Apply to TWU as a transfer student and select "Dental Hygiene" as your major. You will need to mail official paper transcripts from all colleges you have attended to TWU Admissions Processing to ensure your transcript is noted as "core complete." (Electronic transcripts often are not marked as "core complete.")
- Once accepted to TWU, apply to the TWU Dual-Enrollment Dental Hygiene Program.
- Fall: May 16 - Aug. 1
- Spring: Nov. 15 - Jan. 15
- Summer: March 1 - May 15
For More Information
Office: MCL 821
Office: MCL 823
Amy Teague, RDH, MS
Office: OMB 220B
Page last updated 9:17 AM, November 8, 2018