Dual-Enrollment Dental Hygiene
Have you been accepted as a student in an Associate of Applied Science degree program in dental hygiene? You may be interested in the dual-enrollment dental hygiene program offered at TWU.
Collin College, Temple College, Tyler Junior College and Lone Star College have partnered with us to offer a program that allows you to earn both an AAS and a Bachelor of Science degree with a dental hygiene major at the same time.
Why Dental Hygiene at TWU?
TWU’s courses are taught online, giving you the flexibility to earn your degree close to home. Coordination between your community college and TWU makes it easy for you to plan your course schedule and graduate with two degrees in about the same time as it would take to earn just one. Plus, you will get your degree from one of the few universities in Texas to offer an accredited undergraduate program in dental hygiene.
This bachelor’s degree requires a minimum of 120 hours, including 36 upper division hours, 30 of which are taken at TWU as specified in each partner school agreement:
- Collin College/TWU Dual-Degree Dental Hygiene Program 2017-18
- Lone Star College/TWU Dual-Degree Dental Hygiene Program 2016-17
- Temple College/TWU Dual-Degree Dental Hygiene Program 2016-17
Other community college agreements are in process. Check back for updates.
You must complete the core curriculum to earn your bachelor’s degree. Core courses should be completed before starting the dual-enrollment program.
A grade of C or higher is required in all dental hygiene courses.
How to Apply
Please talk to your advisor at your community college before applying to TWU for this program.
Admission requirements include:
- Acceptance into a partner dental hygiene program at Collin College, Temple College, and Lone Star College. TWU is no longer accepting applications for the DH Dual Enrollment Program from Tyler Junior College.
- Completion of courses in introductory statistics, U.S. government and nutrition, in addition to core curriculum general education courses.
This program has a two-step application process. First, apply to TWU as a transfer student and select "Dental Hygiene" as your major. You will need to mail official paper transcripts from all colleges you have attended to TWU Admissions Processing to ensure your transcript is noted as "core complete." (Electronic transcripts often are not marked as "core complete.")
Once accepted to TWU, apply to the TWU Dual-Enrollment Dental Hygiene Program. Applications are due by June 1 of the year you want to enter the program.
For More Information
Amy Teague, RDH, MS
Office: OMB 220B