Apply to the Masters Programs in Dance
Application and Audition Deadlines
The M.A./M.F.A. Graduate Auditions begin on the evening of Thursday, January 25 and continue through the day of Friday January 26th, 2018.
- Students from within the U.S. should have their completed graduate school application and required materials submitted for review and processing at least one month before the January 2018 deadline.
- International students should have their completed graduate school application and required materials submitted for review and processing at least 6-8 months before the January 2018 deadline.
Graduate School Application
Apply for admission to the Graduate School through the TWU Admissions office.
More information about graduate study at TWU can be found on the TWU Graduate School website.
Additional Required Materials
In addition to the Graduate School Application, the following materials are to be compiled and submitted by the applicant to the Department of Dance:
- Department of Dance Graduate Application Information Form [pdf].
- A 300-500 word statement of interests and objectives which includes a) an indication of your professional goals, b) previous artistic, academic, and career experience related to these goals, and c) the importance of graduate study in the pursuit of your professional goals.
- A resume of dance, educational, and artistic experience.
- Three letters of recommendation from people familiar with your teaching, academic, and/or artistic work.
- A YouTube or Vimeo link to a video portfolio of artistic work including performance and choreography excerpts and at least one full-length work choreographed by the applicant. (Be sure to provide a password if password protected.)
- M.A. applicants must submit a writing sample such as a research paper.
- Applicants to the M.F.A. program are strongly encouraged to submit a writing sample, such as a research paper from an undergraduate or graduate dance theory course, description of workshops, publicity packet materials or other promotional materials.
- Applicants who choose to apply for a Graduate Assistantship position should review the Graduate Assistantships page and complete the Application for Graduate Assistantship and Teaching Expertise in Dance forms found on that page.
Please send all application materials listed above to the email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “M.A." or "M.F.A. Application Materials,” as appropriate.
The three required reference letters may be emailed by the referring author. However, if hard copy is more convenient, the letter should be mailed to:
Prof. Mary Williford-Shade, Chair
Department of Dance
Texas Woman's University
P.O. Box 425708
Denton, TX 76204
International applicants should immediately review the university's International Admission Requirements for application procedures and the International Education and International Admissions website for important information concerning visa requirements. International students should be prepared to have their materials submitted for review and processing at least 6-8 months before the Department of Dance January 2018 deadline.
If you would like to request more information about applying for our master's degree programs, please e-mail Rosemary Candelario, the M.A. Program Coordinator, at email@example.com; Jordan Fuchs, the M.F.A. Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org; or Department Chairperson Mary Williford-Shade at email@example.com.