How Can You Help?
We welcome tax-deductible gifts to TWU to support programming, scholarships or other aspects of the Communication Sciences and Disorders department. Designate your gift by selecting “Other” and typing the name of the designated fund (see below) in the box provided. Options include:
- Communication Sciences Department Fund: Supports program and department activities not otherwise covered by state funds or student fees.
- Michele's Kids: Benefits clinic clients who experience financial hardship. This fund was established in memory of Michele Stapleford, the COMS Clinic Secretary from 2014-2017 who loved the children who came to the clinic.
- Communication Sciences Development Scholarship (Student Fund): Provides financial assistance to students within the department. Recipients are selected by the department’s scholarship committee.
- Sadie Jones Ragsdale Endowed Scholarship in Speech or Hearing: Provides financial assistance to students within the department. This scholarship fund was established by Mr. and Mrs. Silas Ragsdale of Houston in the name of their daughter Ragsdale, a TWU graduate.
- Don Ryan Endowed Scholarship for Speech Pathology and Education of the Deaf: Provides scholarships on an alternating basis to students majoring in speech-language pathology and deaf education. Recipients are selected by department faculty based on financial need, high level of performance, professional ethics and expertise in the chosen field. This fund was established by Donna M. Ryan, wife of the late M. Don Ryan, PhD.
- Caroline Yvonne Looney Scholarship in Deaf Education: Provides financial assistance to a graduate student pursuing a career as a science and/or math teacher for deaf or hard of hearing students. First preference is given to individuals with documented hearing loss. This scholarship was established by Charles A. Looney, III, and Paula Y. Looney, friends and family.
For more information on making a donation to the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, please call the office of University Advancement at 940-898-3863.
Page last updated 4:03 PM, December 6, 2017