On-Campus Free Speech
Designated free speech areas are available to TWU students, faculty, staff and members of the community. The designated areas may be used for, but are not limited to, the expression of personal politics, philosophy, religious viewpoints, surveys, or announcements. An important goal for TWU is to provide a comfortable and hospitable environment for the entire University community.
At the same time, the University is strongly committed to freedom of expression. In the exercise of first amendment rights, members of the community are encouraged to demonstrate a concern for the promotion of tolerance, civility, and trust. In order to provide an area that will support the climate and conditions for teaching, research, and community service, the University has designated the following free speech areas:
- Area between Student Union and ACT
- Grassy area between Library and Institutional Development
- Grassy area behind Library by the footbridge
- Grassy area south of the Fine Arts Building on the corner of Texas and Oakland Student Union Patio (only area to allow amplified sound on Denton Campus)
- Sidewalk between West entrance stairwell and loading dock on Old Main Street
- Sidewalk area between Parking Garage and Main Entrance.
Be informed, not just opinionated!
We love to support our students' free speech efforts. If you need assistance or have questions about university policies, contact us at email@example.com or 940-898-2968.
Page last updated 9:51 AM, September 10, 2018