What We Do
The Center for Faculty Excellence at TWU, among other things,
- functions as a gateway to a broad range of learning opportunities for faculty at all career phases.
- provides an environment that fosters an engaged learning community.
- supports faculty in developing effective teaching strategies and curriculum design through workshops, consultation, services, and other development activities.
- fashions opportunities for both scholarly and leadership development.
- recognizes and honors faculty for outstanding achievements and contributions to higher education.
At the CFE, we embrace, endorse, and promote innovative educational practices that lead to engaged teaching and learning, no matter where it happens on any of our three campuses. We are committed to helping faculty and staff translate pedagogical research into effective, evidence-based pedagogical practice. But we do more than that: We help instructors stay abreast of developments in learning and social science and their applications to daily campus life. We explore current trends in the scholarship of teaching and learning, help faculty connect and network with TWU units dedicated to teaching, learning, and faculty/student support, and provide training and assistance in matters of leadership and work/life balance. And we are open to suggestions: if there are areas you would like to explore, do not hesitate to bring them to our attention.
Page last updated 2:24 PM, April 20, 2016