The following courses are designed to help you put theories into practice in the real world, allowing you to make informed decisions that improve your business.
All courses are held on TWU's Denton campus (Arts & Sciences Building, room 105) at 5:30 p.m. and are free of charge. Courses are open to anyone wishing to attend.
Date and time: Tuesday, July 17, 5:30 - 7 p.m.
Course Objectives: Microsoft Excel is one of the most used software applications of all time. You can use Excel to enter all sorts of data and perform financial, mathematical or statistical calculations. This session covers all the basics you need to start entering your data and building organized workbooks. No prior knowledge of Excel is required.
- Add more rows/columns
- Auto-fit rows/columns
- Formatting cells: wrap text, merge and center
- Select all cells on a worksheet
- Hide/unhide rows & columns, perform freeze panes
- Find and replace
- Show and print gridlines, fit-to-page printing
- Remove duplicates
- Undo and redo
- Autofill, flash fill
- Sort and filter
- Formulas and functions (sum functions)
- Share Excel file
Date and time: Tuesday, July 24, 5:30 - 7 p.m.
Course Objectives: Learn how to manage email and calendars in Outlook 2016 and see new changes. Get tips and tricks to increase your efficiency with Outlook 2016.
- Understand how to use Tell me Assistant- a new feature in Office 2016
- Understand how to manage email with flags and folders
- Be able to search email efficiently
- Use quick steps to automate common or repetitive tasks
- Use scheduling assistant
- Understand how to manage your calendar
- Be familiar with how to identify spam
Google Apps Overview
Date and time: Tuesday, July 31, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Course Objectives: Discover the benefits of unlimited storage, multi-leveled permissions, and live collaboration made possible in Google Suite. This session will introduce learners to Google Drive, both My Drive and Team Drive, as well as Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms.
Create files and folders in Google My Drive and Team Drive
Create a doc, slide, sheet and form
Share a doc, slide, sheet and form
Extra: access google from your mobile device
Page last updated 1:51 PM, June 11, 2018