The following courses are designed to help you put theories into practice in the real world, allowing you to make informed decisions that improve your business.
All courses are held at STOKE (608 E Hickory St #128, Denton, TX 76205) at 5:30 pm and are free of charge. Courses are open to anyone wishing to attend, however, attendance is required for micro grant recipients. Award recipients must be present to complete grant requirements (there will be no livestreaming of classes). Seating is limited, must register in advance via Eventbrite link. Light dinner will be served.
Introduction to Small Business Ownership
Date and time: Nov. 1, 5:30 p.m.
Taught by: Introduction with Shannon Mantaro, Director, TWU CWB; Free Business Resources at the Library with Kerry Montz, Assistant Branch Manager/Business Outreach Librarian, North Branch, Denton Public Library; Business Plan and Finance with Tracy Irby, Small Business Advisor, TWU CWB
- Overview of CWB services
- Learn the basic steps of small business start-up and the resources available
- Introduction to LivePlan business plan
- Know your credit history and how to address any related credit problems to obtain funding
Happy Cash Flows
Date and time: Nov. 8, 5:30 p.m.
Taught by: Lacey Riley, CPA, Strategic Accounting and Tax Planning Services
- Manage cash flow and other basic financial operations of a business
- Prepare and present financial statements
- What taxes you will be required to pay, when and how to pay them
Types of Business Structures, Which one is right for you?
Date and time: Nov. 15, 5:30 p.m.
Taught by: Jill Jester, Minor & Jester, P.C.
- Discover the different business structures and which one is best for me
- Discuss sole proprietorships/corporations, LLCs and partnerships
- Avoid potential legal problems in your business
Date and time: Nov. 29, 5:30 p.m.
Taught by: Jeff King, Ramey King Insurance
- Learn about the different types of business insurance available for small business owners in Texas
It's Time to Market Your Business Like a Boss
Date and time: Dec. 6, 5:30 p.m.
Taught by: Heather Steele, Owner Blue Steele Solutions
- Setting SMART Goals
- Marketing Funnel
- Marketing Strategies
- Social Media
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Target Audience
- Conversion and Optimization
- CRM and Automation
Page last updated 9:03 AM, October 30, 2018