Applications are due by Thursday, February 22nd.
What is the Job Shadowing Program?
The TWU Job Shadowing Program, offered to undergraduate students and targeting sophomores, is a way to connect you with TWU Alumni. The program serves as an opportunity for you to observe a professional work setting and gain understanding of an organization's culture, and day to day operations, to aid in your self-exploration and future goals.
March 12-16, 2018
Participate 1 to 5 days during this week.
Benefits of Participating in Program
- Career Exploration: Gain exposure to career paths and industry fields to make informed major and career decisions.
- Professional Development: Begin to develop and strengthen your skills, confidence, and industry awareness.
- Networking: Connect with Alumni and future employers to begin building relationships and connections.
Common Student Questions
- How should I prepare for the experience? You will attend a preparation session before the program week, and be given preparation resources.
- How will I be matched with an Alumni? You will be matched with a host based on your selected areas of interest, availability, and location during Spring Break.
- What kind of companies will be available to me? We will have a variety fields represented in order to give you the opportunity to explore career options.
- Attend a preparation session before program week
- Attend a focus group to debrief session after program week
- Create an introduction email and a thank you letter for Alumni host
- Actively engage with Alumni host before and during program week
- Complete a program evaluation and reflection activity
Possible Day Activities
- Tour of the workplace
- Attend staff meetings (if appropriate)
- Review organizational chart, company culture, and work environment
- Meet and conduct informational interviews
- Connect with recent grads panel
- Attend Informational lunch sessions
- Observe a client presentation
- Attend a question and answer meeting
How Do I Participate?
- Fill out the application form by February 22, 2018
- Students are responsible for their own expenses. Consider details regarding parking, arrival, and special accommodations for these days before program week
More Info or Questions
Juan Armijo, Program Assistant