We are no longer accepting host sign-ups for this year's program. Please look for information in the fall on how to sign up to host a student next year.
Benefits of Hosting TWU Students
- Company Branding: Opportunity for branding and recognition of the host's company on the TWU campus.
- Talent Acquisition: Develop and strengthen a potential recruiting relationship with TWU students.
- Mentoring: Experience mentoring students and giving back to the host's Alma Mater.
Common Host Questions
- What expenses will I incur? Students are responsible for their own expenses, however we do encourage hosts to take their students to lunch.
- Should I contact the students first? Students are expected to initiate the first line of communication with their host.
- Will I be guaranteed a student? With this being the pilot year, we are actively promoting, and will make our best effort to have a student partnered with each host.
- Provide students with a learning environment focusing on self-exploration and future goals
- Serve as an alumni mentor during the exploration experience
- Provide students with information about the organization and types of roles and functions within the company
- Create a schedule of activities for the student's day
- Complete end of experience survey
Possible Day Activities
- Tour of the workplace
- Staff meetings (if appropriate)
- Review organizational chart, company culture, and work environment
- Meeting and conducting informational interviews with other team members
- Recent grads panel
- Informational lunch sessions
- Observe a client presentation
- Question and answer
How Do I Participate?
- Determine dates and the number of students you would like to host
- Fill out an Alumni Host Form - available in late fall.
- Consider details regarding parking, arrival, and special accommodations for these days
More Info or Questions
Juan Armijo, Program Assistant