Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
11520 West 119th Street
Overland Park, KS 66213
Home Office Phone: 913-339-9356
TWU’s College of Business is accredited by the ACBSP to award the following ACBSP accredited degrees:
- BBA – Bachelor of Business Administration - with majors in Accounting, Administration, Finance, HR, Management and Marketing
- BAS – Bachelor of Applied Science - for holders of associate degrees in business only
- Bachelor of Science in Business (BS) – for teacher certification only
- MBA – Master of Business Administration (includes MBA with an emphasis in Accounting)
- MHSM – Master of Health Systems Management
- MBA/MHSM – Master of Business Administration & Master of Health Systems Management
The following degrees are new and ACBSP accreditation is pending:
- BAAS – Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences-Business
- MBA emphases in Management, Human Resources, Business Analytics and Healthcare Administration (MBA is accredited by ACBSP. The College of Business is seeking accreditation additional approval for MBA emphases only)
Please see the COB, University and external web sites listed below in order to see the breadth and depth of the information provided to the public on COB’s offerings:
- State of Texas website that provides comparative data on Texas State Universities
- ACBSP 2015 Report-Student Assessment Measurements
- TWU University Fact Book which provides detailed access to University Information
- The Office of Institutional Research & Data Management (IRDM) provides information for reporting, planning, and decision making activities of the University.
- Texas Board of Accountancy regarding the Certified Public Accountancy exam results and other data searchable by school
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) is a leading specialized accreditation association for business education — supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence. ACBSP accredits business, accounting, and business-related programs at the associate, baccalaureate, master and doctorate degree levels worldwide. Every quality business program worldwide is accredited.
- ACBSP promotes continuous improvement and recognizes excellence in the accreditation of business education programs around the world.
- ACBSP acknowledges the importance of scholarly research and inquiry and believes that such activities facilitate improved teaching. ACBSP encourages faculty involvement within the contemporary business world to enhance the quality of classroom instruction and to contribute to student learning.
- ACBSP offers an accreditation process uniquely focused on teaching excellence and student outcomes. And because the council believes ACBSP success is driven by the success of its members, ACBSP officers and members align those programs and the accreditation process to meet the individual needs of each member.
ACBSP Accredited Program Performance
TWU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of TWU.
Page last updated 3:26 PM, February 2, 2018