Honors Program and Scholarships
Biology Honors Scholars
Every year, exceptional biology students are accepted into the TWU Honors Scholar Program. This program requires a capstone research project be undertaken by the student under the guidance of one of the biology faculty.
In order to arrange for a capstone research project, honors scholars should:
- Once accepted into the honors scholar program, immediately look over the research areas of each faculty member to identify research topics of interest to them.
- Before spring break of junior year (as early as first year is strongly encouraged), identify three (3) or more potential faculty mentors and make arrangements to meet with them and:
- learn about their research.
- discuss the possibility of doing research in the faculty member's lab.
- Fill out the Biology Honors Scholar Research Project Exploration form and submit it to the biology department chair.
Polly Crisp Scholarship for Pre-Med Women
A scholarship has been established for TWU pre-med women students. The award is $500/year, renewable with annual application. It is anticipated that two awards will be made each year, payable for the fall semester.
- GPA – 3.25 overall and 3.25 in all science courses.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must be classified as a sophomore, junior or senior in the fall semester of the award year.
- Submit the Polly Crisp scholarship application form (.pdf), which requires career objectives, a list of other scholarships received and the names of three (3) TWU professors who agreed to serve as references.
- Submit letters from all three professors.
For application deadlines, please contact our offices at 940-898-2351 or email@example.com.
Scholarships from the Financial Aid Office
Visit the TWU Office of Financial Aid to apply for additional scholarships available to TWU biology students.
Page last updated 8:32 AM, February 7, 2017