The TWU Science Fair provides a venue for showcasing young talent, hard work, creativity and achievements in the scientific field. Students receive valuable feedback on their science projects and compete within their grades and age groups for trophy prizes. All students are awarded ribbons for their efforts. This event is open to all students in public, private, parochial and home school students in grades K-8.
2018 TWU Science Fair
Our 29th Annual TWU Science Fair date is Saturday, April 7, 2018 from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
Registration is now open!
All applications must be received by Friday, March 30, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Step 1: Complete the online Science Fair Registration Form (Google Form).
Step 2: Submit your registration payment ($10/per individual participant). Secure online credit card payment (recommended) is now available. If you would prefer to submit payment via check, please make the check out to Texas Woman's University and mail to:
Science Fair Registration
P.O. Box 425437
Denton, TX, 76204-4254
Step 3: Print and sign TWU's photo release form for minors: PhotoRELEASEMinors.pdf.. Each participant and that participant's parent/guardian must sign a release. Submit the signed release forms via scanned email attachment (recommended) to Brandie Golleher at firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms may also be faxed to 940-898-3366, or mailed to the address listed above.
Step 4: If the participant's project involves a live vertebrate animal, please print and complete the Vertebrate Animals Form. Submit the signed release forms via scanned email attachment (recommended) to email@example.com. Forms may also be faxed to 940-898-3366, or mailed to the address listed above.
Confirmation: Confirmation will be sent via email once all materials (steps 1-3, and 4 if applicable) have been received by our office. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing. If you have not received a confirmation and would like to check on the status of your registration, please contact Brandie Golleher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules and procedures
All participants will receive a certificate of participation as well as a ribbon placing their project as Outstanding, Excellent, Commendable or Honorable Mention. Trophies are awarded for first and second place in each grade, as well as best in division (K-3, 4-6, and 7-8). Group projects will be judged only against other group projects within the division (K-3 and 4-6).
- 1st, 2nd place trophy per grade for “Best in Grade” will be given (K-8).
- One project per division will be chosen for “Best in Class”: 1 Lower Elementary Division (K-3), 1 Upper Elementary Division (4-8), and 1 Junior Division (7-8).
- One “Best Group” project will be chosen per Elementary Division: 1 Lower Elementary Division (K-3), 1 Upper Elementary Division (4-6)
- Each student (K-8) will receive a ribbon placing their project as Outstanding, Excellent, Commendable or Honorable Mention.
The science fair generally takes place on a Saturday in April. The following schedule has not been confirmed for 2018 and is for planning purposes only.
- 7:45 - 9:30 a.m.: Check-in and exhibit set-up
- 9:30 - 11 a.m.: Student activities and tours
- 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.: KEM Club magic show
- 12 - 12:45 p.m.: Awards assembly
- 12:45 - 1:15 p.m.: Project viewing
- 1:15 - 2 p.m.: Project pick-up (All projects must be picked up by 2 p.m.)
Directions and parking
1603 Bell Avenue
Denton, TX 76204
Congratulations to the winners of TWU's 28th Annual Science Fair! The event took place Saturday, April 8, 2017 in Pioneer Hall on TWU's Denton campus.
Director of College Advising and Academic Initiatives,
TWU College of Arts and Sciences