Alternative Credit Project™
Credit to Kickstart Your TWU Program
If you have stopped out of college, the Alternative Credit Project™ (ACP) provides a pool of online courses that Texas Woman’s University (TWU) will accept towards your degree (up to 15 ACP credits). A national program of the American Council on Education, supported by a generous grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the ACP is designed to help adults finish what they started—a two- or four-year degree, or a post-secondary certificate.
TWU Accepts These ACP Courses
- ACPE-0124 Principles of Management (Straighterline) = BUS 3003: Principles of Management
- ACPE-0135 Business Management (Ed4Online) = BUS 3003: Principles of Management
- ACPE-0013 College Algebra (JumpCourse) = MATH 1303: Elem Analysis
- ACPE-0018 College Algebra (Straighterline) = MATH 1303: Elem Analysis
- ACPE-0033 College Algebra (Pearson) = MATH 1303: Elem Analysis
- ACPE-0014 Statistics (Pearson) = MATH 1703: Elem Statistics I
- ACPE-0017 Intro to Statistics (Saylor) = MATH 1703: Elem Statistics I
- ACPE-0032 Intro to Statistics (JumpCourse) = MATH 1703: Elem Statistics I
- ACPE-0015 Calculus I (Saylor) = MATH 2014: Calculus I
- ACPE-0040 General Calculus I (Straighterline) = MATH 2014: Calculus I
- ACPE-0041 General Calculus II (Straighterline) = MATH 2014: Calculus I
- ACPE-0019 Pre-Calculus (Straighterline) = MATH 1000
ACPE-0116 Introduction to Nutrition (Straighterline) = NFS 2323: Introduction to Nutrition
Social and Behavioral Science
- ACPE-0054 Student Success (Pearson) = UNIV 1231: Learning Frameworks: The First Year Experience
- ACPE-0064 Student Success (Straighterline) = UNIV 1231: Learning Frameworks: The First Year Experience
- ACPE-0080 Introduction to Sociology (Straighterline) = SOCI 1013: Introduction to Sociology
- ACPE-0100 Computer Basics (Ed4Online) = CSCI 1403: 1st Course in Computing
- ACPE-0118 Managing Information Systems (Ed4Online) = CSCI 1403: 1st Course in Computing
TWU Offers These Degrees
TWU offers 50 bachelor-level degrees including:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of General Studies
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences - Business
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences - Health Sciences
Full list of degrees
TWU Admission Overview
Applying for admission, as a transfer student is relatively easy—there’s detailed information on the TWU Transfer Students web page. If you attended TWU before, you may have a shorter path to readmission.
The application process will be the same for all transfer students.
IMPORTANT: You may request your ACP transcript directly from the American Council on Education (ACE).
Texas Woman’s University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. In addition, many of our programs have specialized accreditations from state, regional and/or national professional associations and boards.