How to Apply
Before You Apply
- Check out the first-year admission requirements.
- Estimate your costs and aid packages using the Net Price Calculator.
- Interested in Dual Credit?
- Earn college credit through placement exams.
How to apply
- Apply online to TWU at ApplyTexas.org.
- Pay the Application Fee. A nonrefundable application fee of $50, $75 for international students, is required and can be paid online through ApplyTexas.org. This fee applies to all applicants, to include new and returning students. You can pay the application fee by one the following:
- Credit card when you apply at ApplyTexas
- Certified check or money order, payable to TWU and including the applicant's full name and ID number. Send to the address below.
- Cash (no personal checks) paid at the Bursar's Office and bring your receipt to Admissions Processing(first floor of the Admissions Building)
- Most recent official transcript from your high school. The transcript should show your rank in class and current courses. If you have taken any college courses, submit a transcript from that institution as well. Transcripts may be electronic or printed.
- Electronic transcripts must be sent through a secured system directly to TWU from the sending institution.
- Printed transcripts must be sent to TWU directly from the institution or delivered personally in a sealed envelope from the institution.
- Any sign of tampering will render the transcript unofficial and invalid.
- For more information regarding transcripts, please visit Admissions Processing.
- ACT or SAT scores. These may be located on the back of your official high school transcript, or you can have them forwarded directly to TWU. TWU's SAT code is 6826 and its ACT code is 4224.
- If you are a permanent resident, submit a copy of your permanent resident card. Permanent residents are processed through the Office of Admissions Processing. Applicants who have applied for permanent residency but have not yet received the INS form Notice of Action i-797 verifying approval will be processed as international students. International or Permanent residents must also take the or submit proof of exemption.
Submit certified checks, money orders, fee waivers and application materials to:
TWU Admissions Processing
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, Texas 76204
or via expedited mail to:
304 Administration Dr.
Denton, TX 76204 (no Saturday delivery)
After You're Accepted
There are only a few more steps to finish up the paperwork, get connected, register for orientation, apply for financial aid, etc.
Page last updated 8:54 AM, March 29, 2016