Congratulations on your acceptance to Texas Woman’s University! There are a few things you need to do before getting to class. Please use the resources listed here to guide you through everything from setting up your email account to getting connected with student resources.
Set up your TWU Pioneer Portal account
Access your TWU Gmail Account
- Wait at least one hour after creating your Pioneer Portal account
- Login at Gmail on any device
- After your first login, you can set up TWU Gmail on your mobile device
- Check your TWU Gmail account frequently as you will receive important updates through this account
Register for Orientation
First-Year Students: Know Your TSI Requirements
Resources for Living On & Off Campus
If you plan to live on campus:
- View the residency requirements and room rates
- Complete the housing application – This is the only TWU system with a separate login, so remember your username and password
- Join a living learning community (LLC) – Integrating experiences inside and outside the classroom, LLC students build connections with other students, faculty and university leaders by enrolling in the same classes for the core curriculum, living together in residence halls, and participating in related social and academic activities. Community groups include:
- Academic areas and honors
- Civic engagement
- Health & wellness
- Other areas of interest
For more information on student housing at TWU, visit Living on Campus.
If you plan to live off campus:
Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit the Financial Aid Certification and Information Form (CIF)
- Accept any financial aid awarded through Pioneer Portal
- View and search for scholarships through the Pioneer Scholarship System
Pay Tuition and Fees
While at TWU, you must meet certain immunizations requirements and some healthcare programs require additional immunizations. Student Health Services provides information on all requirements and immunization services.
Military and Veteran Students
Provide required financial documents (F-1 Visa holders only)
- Submit your affidavit of sponsor - visit the estimated expenses chart for required amount
- Submit your certification of finance form
- Provide a current (fewer than three months) personal bank statement or bank letter from a personal account with bank name, your name or sponsor's name indicating personal bank balance in US dollars
- Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee. This fee is separate from visa fees and school SEVIS administration fees. Visit SEVIS Student Process Steps for more information and instructions, including a tutorial on how to pay the fee.
- Provide a copy of your passport, visa, I-94 (both sides) and current I-20
- Provide your home country address and US address
- If you are transferring from another US institution, complete the transfer clearance form with an international advisor from your current school. Return the completed form to TWU's Admissions office.
Visit eShipGlobal for more information about how to sign up with eShipGlobal and receive your I-20 (required only if your I-20 is to be delivered outside the US).
Apply for Scholarships
- Deadline to apply for new international scholarships is March 1
- Scholarships are merit-based only and you must be immigration complete before applying
- Available scholarships may be limited for F-1/J-1 students and immigration regulations offer limited employment opportunities. Therefore, scholarships, assistantships and employment are not guaranteed and may not be considered as a primary means of support.
Visit scholarships & financial aid for more information.
Sign Up for Orientation
Parents and Family
Questions? Contact Us
Page last updated 8:35 AM, February 12, 2019