Applicants who are not seeking a graduate degree, but who want to enroll in a course may apply as a non-degree student by submitting the following materials to the Office of Admissions Processing:
- ApplyTexas.org Graduate application — choose TWU Denton
- Under the Educational Background tab, Question 03: Initial degree you wish to seek, select "non-degree".
- Select Semester of entry
- Must select major for which you wish to take classes in
- Pay the Application fee.
- An official transcript listing a bachelor (preferred), master, or doctoral degree.
- International applicants must submit satisfactory English proficiency scores.
Non-degree seeking students are ineligible for financial aid.
The Dean of the Graduate School, upon recommendation of the student's advisory committee, will determine if it is appropriate to allow non-degree credit hours to be applied towards a degree program. A maximum of 12 graduate credit hours earned by a non-degree student may apply toward a graduate degree.
Contact Ashton Brown for more information.
Departmental Approval Required
The programs listed below require applicants to obtain written departmental approval to apply as non-degree seeking students. Please use the provided contact information to begin this process.
Family Studies, Family Therapy, Counseling & Development
Nursing (all programs)
Master’s in Business Administration
Page last updated 9:10 AM, July 30, 2018