The Write Site just launched a new program called Online Writing Lab Live (OWLive). Students are now able to schedule live, online tutoring sessions with Write Site staff. Previously, there were only two appointment choices: face-to-face or OWL (receiving comments on a paper via email). OWLive combines these two options, utilizing audio, video, and chat space for a synchronous online tutoring session. Like all Write Site services, OWLive is completely FREE.
- Schedule an appointment. (Remember to choose a time when you're available to participate.)
- Attach your paper to your appointment.
- Ten minutes before your appointment start time, make sure your webcam and microphone are working and that you have the latest updates for Java and Flash.
- Log into WCOnline and go to the OWLive schedule.
- Click on your appointment.
- Click the link that says, "Start or Join Online Consultation."
- Once the chat window pops up, click "Start Video/Audio Chat" to bring up the audio/video chat screen.
- Click the Connect button.
- Click the Start Publishing button.
- Your tutor should come into the chat room shortly to begin the session.
- After your appointment, the chat session along with any changes to your paper will be saved in the chatroom of your appointment. You can always go back and look at it.
page last updated 11/25/2013 3:10 PM