The Write Site just launched a new program called Online Writing Lab Live (OWLive). Students are now able to schedule live, online tutoring sessions with Write Site staff. Previously, there were only two appointment choices: face-to-face or OWL (receiving comments on a paper via email). OWLive combines these two options, utilizing audio, video, and chat space for a synchronous online tutoring session. Like all Write Site services, OWLive is completely FREE.
We are still in the testing phase, so we are taking a limited number of OWLive appointments this semester.
- Schedule an appointment. (OWLive is synchronous; you MUST be available to sit at your computer at the time of your appointment.)
- Before your first session, view the "First Time Users Guide" for information.
- Before the start of your appointment, find a comfortable place with no distractions.
- Join the tutoring session 5 or 10 minutes before the start of your appointment.
- Use the Audio Setup Wizard to test your microphone and speakers.
- Use the Chat to send messages to your tutor.
- Remember that running other applications on your computer can slow your connection to the tutoring session.
page last updated 6/3/2013 9:07 AM