The Write Site is open to any member of the TWU community-students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Everyone is eligible for two hours of Write Site service per week.
Types of Appointments
Face-to-Face Appointments in the Write Site (CFO 129)Meet with a writing tutor face-to-face in the Write Site during the day..
Please come prepared to your appointment. Bring with you:
- Printed or digital copy of your work
- Syllabus or assignment description
- Specific questions and concerns you want to cover
- Current TWU ID
Write Site @ Night Appointments in the Library
Meet with a writing tutor in the evenings in Blagg-Huey Library, room 213.
- Evening hours offered Sunday - Wednesday, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Face-to-face appointments only
- OWLs scheduled during this time will be moved to the next available day-time spot.
- Bring your work, assignment description, and questions.
Online Writing Lab (OWL) Appointments
Upload your paper using WCOnline and receive feedback in the margins of your document with the comment feature of Microsoft Word.
- Make your appointment:
- 30-minute appointment for up to three pages
- 60-minute appointment for three to six pages
- Papers must be double-spaced, in 12 point font
- Attach your paper before the beginning of your appointment, not during or after your time has started.
- Check your email. Your paper will be emailed back to you within 48 business hours.
- You do not have to be at your computer for an OWL appointment.
Online Writing Lab Live (OWLive) Appointments
Receive live, online help via BlackBoard Collaborate.
- Make your appointment on the OWLive schedule
- Log in to the BlackBoard virtual classroom ten minutes before your session time
- Meet with a tutor using webcam, microphone, and live chat
- You must be available, sitting at your computer for an OWLive appointment.
- More information about OWLive...
Length of Appointments
Appointments are either thirty minutes or an hour in length and you can have up to an hour each day. All appointments will wrap up a few minutes early, so the tutors can prepare for the next appointment.
Writing Consultant Substitutions
Occasionally, due to schedule changes or emergencies, a writing consultant will be unavailable. We will try out best to arrange a substitute or reschedule the appointment.
Proof of Attendance
If your instructor offers extra credit or requires Write Site attendance as part of class, we are happy to provide you with proof of attendance. Just ask your writing consultant at the end of your appointment.
Sometimes, life is crazy. If you are running late or need to cancel, please call or go online to cancel your appointment. (Please don't cancel via email.) If you don't call ahead, your spot may be given to someone else. Being ten minutes late to a 30-minute appointment or fifteen minutes late to a 60-minute appointment counts as a missed appointment. Not attaching a document to an OWL session also counts as a missed appointment. After three missed appointments, you will be prohibited from making Write Site appointments for the rest of the semester.
Make an Appointment
page last updated 5/13/2013 10:53 AM