The Write Site is open to any member of the TWU community-students, faculty, and staff. Everyone is eligible for two hours of Write Site service per week.
Types of Appointments
Face-to-Face Appointments in the CFO 129
Meet with a writing tutor face-to-face in the Write Site during the day.
Please come prepared to your appointment. Bring with you:
- Printed or digital copy of your work
- Syllabus or assignment description
- Specific questions and concerns you want to cover in your appointment
Write Site @ Night Appointments in the Library room 322
Meet with a writing tutor in the evenings in Blagg-Huey Library.
- Evening hours offered Sunday - Wednesday, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Face-to-face appointments only
- OWLs scheduled during this time will be moved to the next available day-time spot.
- Bring your work, assignment description, and questions.
Online Writing Lab (OWL) Appointments
Upload your paper using WCOnline and receive feedback in the margins of your document with the comment feature of Microsoft Word.
- Make your appointment in WCOnline:
- Select 30-minute appointment for up to three pages
- Select 60-minute appointment for three to six pages
- Papers length is determined when document is double-spaced, in 12 point Times-New Roman
- Attach your paper before the beginning of your appointment, not during or after your time has started.
- Your paper will be emailed back to you within 48 business hours.
- You do not have to be at your computer for an OWL appointment.
Online Writing Lab Live (OWLive) Appointments
Receive live, online help using a webcam and microphone.
- Schedule an appointment. (Remember to choose a time when you're available to participate.)
- Attach your paper to your appointment.
- Log into WCOnline and go to the OWLive schedule.
- Click on your appointment.
- Click the link that says, "Start or Join Online Consultation."
- Once the chat window pops up, click "Start Video/Audio Chat" to bring up the audio/video chat screen.
- Click the Connect button.
- Click the Start Publishing button.
- Your tutor should come into the chat room shortly to begin the session.
- After your appointment, the chat session along with any changes to your paper will be saved in the chatroom of your appointment. You can always go back and look at it.
- More information about OWLive...
Length of Appointments
Appointments are either thirty minutes or an hour in length and you can have up to an hour each day. All appointments will wrap up a few minutes early, so that you can gather your belongings and tutors can prepare for the next appointment.
Writing Consultant Substitutions
Occasionally, due to schedule changes or emergencies, a writing consultant will be unavailable. We will try out best to arrange a substitute or reschedule the appointment.
Proof of Attendance
If your instructor offers extra credit or requires Write Site attendance as part of class, we are happy to provide you with proof of attendance. Just ask your writing consultant at the end of your appointment.
Sometimes, life is crazy. If you are running late or need to cancel, please call or go online to cancel your appointment. (Please don't cancel via email. The email@example.com email is used to send documents, so the inbox is rarely checked.) Being ten minutes late to a 30-minute appointment or fifteen minutes late to a 60-minute appointment counts as a missed appointment. Not attaching a document to an OWL session also counts as a missed appointment. After four missed appointments, WCOnline will automatically disable your account and you will be unable to make appointments for the rest of the semester.
Make an Appointment
page last updated 11/25/2013 3:10 PM