This study is looking for participants who are:
- Ages 18 to 44 years
- Generally healthy
- Not obese
- Not pregnant
- Non-exercising (no more than 1 hour per week of light to moderate intensity exercise).
- Not taking of any medication for of birth control (birth control not requiring a patch or medication is acceptable).
- Not taking any medications for diabetes, heart disease, or other metabolic issues.
- Normally menstruating (over the previous 3 months)
Participants will be required:
- To complete 4 research trials (2 trials will involve exercise and 2 will involve rest) over a four-month period.
- To ingest a milkshake (made with milk, ice cream, and mixed fruits) on 4 separate occasions over a four-month period.
- To donate a small amount of blood on 4 separate occasions over a four-month period.
- Total time commitment for this study is approximately 30 hours over a 6 months period.
- Participants will receive free dietary analysis, free blood analysis, and free fitness assessment.
- Participants will receive a finanical compensation of $100.00 upon completion of the study.
For more information:
Contact James Rowe M.S., Research Associate, Institute for Women's Health (940-898-2763)
There is a potential risk of loss of confidentiality in all email, downloading, and internet transactions.
page last updated 4/23/2013 2:37 PM