Come find an agency to volunteer with at the 12th Annual TWU Volunteer Fair!
Thursday, September 27, 2012
11:30 am – 2:00 pm
Student Union – 2nd Floor
“Careers in Nonprofits” panel discussion
12:30pm – 1:15 pm
Student Union – Room 207
Find out more details at 2012 Volunteer Fair!
- Participating Agencies
For details about parking, check-in, and the schedule, click here!
The Volunteer Fair provides a special opportunity for the community at Texas Woman's University to connect with service ambassadors that work to make a difference in the Dallas Fort-Worth Metroplex. The goal of the fair is to provide students, faculty and staff the opportunity to see how they can best match their interests to the needs within the community. In conjunction with the fair, Volunteer Services also hosts a Non-Profit Panel where interested participants can learn about what it takes to work in and operate a non-profit agency.
As a result of participation in the Volunteer Fair participants are able to:
- Gain insight into local non-profit agencies;
- Explore the opportunities for individual engagement within agencies of interest; and
- Understand offerings of TWU Campus offices (Volunteer Services/ Center for Student Development, Alumni Relations, and Career Services)
As a result of participation in the Non-profit Panel participants are able to:
- Understand how non-profit agencies function;
- Identify problems and challenges within the area of non-profit; and
- Make meaningful connections with agency representatives.
page last updated 3/27/2013 2:51 PM