Volunteering is an opportunity to give a part of yourself, and to impact the lives of those around you. It allows you to grow as a student and as an individual. It gives you an opportunity to say thank you to countless individuals who have made an impact in our community. You also develop habits that help you become an active and engaged citizen in the community and in our world. You can truly make a difference!
Top 10 reasons to volunteer at TWU
As a volunteer you will
- connect with and strengthen your community.
- meet new people from all walks of life.
- share your most precious resource of time and help charities, non-profits, faith-based and other community organizations conserve funds.
- share your skills and gain new ones.
- promote a worthwhile activity.
- learn something about yourself and develop self-esteem and self-confidence
- feel needed and valued.
- experience something new.
- have fun!
- make a difference.