The Big Event!
Volunteer for the Big Event on March 28! It's a way to say thanks to the Denton community. Free t-shirt, light breakfast, and lunch are provided to volunteers (must be a current TWU student), but you must sign up ahead of time for one of the following projects:
Keep Denton Beautiful-Great American Cleanup: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0B48A8A62BA57-keep10
Shiloh Field Community Garden: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0B48A8A62BA57-shiloh3
Volunteering is an opportunity to give a part of yourself, and to impact the lives of those around you. It allows you to grow as a student and as an individual. It gives you an opportunity to say thank you to countless individuals who have made an impact in our community. You also develop habits that help you become an active and engaged citizen in the community and in our world. You can truly make a difference!
Top 10 reasons to volunteer at TWU
As a volunteer you will
- connect with and strengthen your community.
- meet new people from all walks of life.
- share your most precious resource of time and help charities, non-profits, faith-based and other community organizations conserve funds.
- share your skills and gain new ones.
- promote a worthwhile activity.
- learn something about yourself and develop self-esteem and self-confidence
- feel needed and valued.
- experience something new.
- have fun!
- make a difference.
Volunteer Services strives to build TWU students into informed citizens of character, and encourages a lifelong commitment to selfless service by providing purposeful opportunities and resources to compliment the academic experience.