News & Events
East / West Gallery Exhibitions:
April 26th - May 13th
Opening Reception April 26 5 - 7 PM
Susan Brents Sheldon, Painting
Deedra Baker, Photography
Mary Banks, Undergraduate Painting and Drawing.
Mary Banks will have some of her work in the show Edges & Intersections in Deep Ellum. Edges & Intersections (@InterEdges) is a non-profit dedicated to helping artists and startups blur lines of art and tech to create a unique and immersive experience.
Opens: Friday, May 6th 7 pm - Midnight
We are excited to announce Fall 2016 010 Student Gallery winners.
- Ashley Boydston, Fragile - August 28 - September 10
- Sierra Taylor, Trapped Within - September 11 - September 24
- Vannessa Kantaphone & Ashlyn Lee - September 25 - October 8
- Carrie Adamson-Riefler - October 9 - October 22
- Kimberly J. Schaefer - October 23 - November 5
- Alessandra Khraish, After Malevich - November 6 - November 19
- Amanda Hernandez, In Motion - November 20 - December 3
- Jessica McClendon, Being Known - December 4 - December 15
Timothy Harding, TWU BFA Alumni, has been chosen as a microgrant awardee from the Nasher Sculpture Center 2016 Artist Microgrants.
Robin McLaurin, TWU Photography Alumni, has been chosen as an Artist in Residence at the Cayman Islands National Gallery during the Summer of 2016.
Jana C. Perez and Angilee Wilkerson, have works from their collaborative series, Perform La Femme, selected for the following shows:
- TPS 25; The International Competition. Traveling exhibition opens at the Museum of the Big Bend in Alpine, Texas June 3rd, 2016.
- Are featured artists for the month of May on Tick-Arts. www.ticka-arts.com
- FOCUS at Gadsden Museum in Gadsden, Alabama. On exhibit June 8 - July 9th, 2016.
This is the highest award given to a faculty member and is a great honor. Ms. Grant is the first ever from Visual Arts to receive this award. All are invited to the awards ceremony.