The committee received its charge from Dr. Robert Neely at its first meeting. The charge outlined the committee’s work for the semester: to describe the size and composition of TWU in Fall 2018 and to enumerate the associated benefits and challenges.
To carry out its charge, the committee first completed an internal scan and an external scan. Next, 15 focus groups were held on all three campuses to gather input from students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members. A financial modeling tool was used to study the financial impact of various enrollment scenarios. To crystallize its ideas, the committee conducted a SWOT (Strengths-Weaknesses-Opportunities-Threats) analysis of enrollment growth at TWU.
To answer the question, To maximize a distinctive image and to ensure ongoing competitiveness for TWU, what should be the size and composition of the student body by 2018?, the committee produced a Visioning Committee 1 Final Report consisting of the committee’s answer as well as appendices of materials gathered during the internal and external scans, financial modeling examples, themes from the focus groups, and results of the SWOT analysis. The report was accompanied by a letter from Visioning Committee.
On August 14, 2013, the leadership of Visioning Committee 1 presented the report to the Chancellor and Vice Presidents. After careful consideration of the report, further enrollment modeling provided by Institutional Research and Data Management, and review of the Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 enrollment data, the Chancellor's Cabinet issued a letter with a revised student projection. The letter includes the rationale for the decision and sets the stage for the work for Visioning Committee 2.
Components of the Report
- Letter from Visioning Committee 1 [pdf]
- Answer to Visioning Question 1 [pdf]
- Appendix A: SWOT (Strengths—Weaknesses—Opportunities—Threats) Analysis [pdf]
- Appendix B: Focus Group Results [pdf]
- Appendix C: Summary Charts and Graphs Regarding TWU Enrollment Data [pdf]
- Appendix D: Financial Modeling Tools [pdf]
- Appendix E: Enrollment [pdf]
- Appendix F: TWU Persistence and Graduation [pdf]
- Appendix G: Housing [pdf]
- Appendix H: Distance Education Students [pdf]
- Appendix I: Commuter and Veteran Students [pdf]
- Appendix J: Financial Aid [pdf]
- Appendix K: Texas Formula Funding, FY12-FY13 [pdf]
- Appendix L: TWU Accountability Report [pdf]
- Appendix M: Texas Enrollment Trends [pdf]
- Appendix N: 2013 Texas Public Higher Education Almanac [pdf]
- Appendix O: National Higher Education Mega-Trends [pdf]
- Appendix P: College Measures Report [pdf]
page last updated 1/6/2015 2:34 PM