TWU to recognize students, staff and faculty at Honors Convocation
Outstanding Student Awards are based on academic excellence and involvement in extracurricular activities.
Outstanding Senior Awards will be presented to:
• Sarah Adams, a biology and chemistry major from Whitehouse;
• Amy Menge, a kinesiology major from Denton; and
• Christina Wagoner, an English and history major from Carrollton.
Outstanding Graduate Student Awards will be presented to:
• Katie Dial Benton, a DPT candidate in physical therapy from Midland; and
• Kirsten Tulchin, a doctoral candidate in kinesiology from West Haven, Conn.
Graduate Council Awards for Exceptional, Original Scholarship will be presented to:
• Lisa Fleisher, a Ph.D. candidate in physical therapy from Dallas; and
• Thomas Hecht, a doctoral candidate in dance from Cambridge, Mass.
TWU staff members receiving recognition are:
• Kathy Woods, bursar, TWU Award of Excellence; and
• Martha Ann “Annie” Plummer, research funding coordinator for the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs; and Morgan O’Donnell, academic advisor for the Department of Health Studies — Outstanding Staff Achievement Awards.
TWU faculty receiving recognition are:
• Dr. Paula Ann Hughes, professor and director of the School of Management — the Cornaro Award;
• Dr. Derek Crews, assistant professor of management; and Jordan Fuchs, assistant professor of dance — the Mary Mason Lyon Award;
• Dr. Deborah Young, professor and director of the fashion and textiles program — the Humphries Award;
• Dr. Sheri Dragoo, associate professor of fashion and textiles — Distinction in Service;
• Dr. Lou Thompson, professor of English — Distinction in Teaching;
• Dr. David Rylander, associate professor of marketing — Innovation in Academia; and
• Dr. Mark Tengesdal, associate professor of finance — Distinction in Distance Education.
page updated 4/16/2014 8:45 AM