TWU Dental Hygiene Clinic seeks adult patients with gum disease
• Red, swollen or tender gums
• Gums that bleed while brushing, flossing, eating hard food or during sleep
• Gums that are receding or pulling away from the teeth, causing the teeth to look longer than before
• Persistent bad breath and/or
• A change in the way the teeth fit together when biting down.
Patients will receive a no-charge screening exam to determine suitability as a teaching case before an appointment for services can be made. No appointment is needed for the screening exam, which takes 20 to 30 minutes. Screenings are done on Monday through Thursday between 8:30-10:30 a.m. or between 1:15-3:30 p.m. Screenings are on a first-come first-served basis.
Sample costs for services the TWU Dental Hygiene clinic provides include:
• Dental cleaning - $35
• Full-mouth X-rays (radiographs) - $25
• Panoramic X-rays (radiographs) - $25
• Patients may request a copy of their X-rays for use by their personal dentist for $15. X-rays are only taken for patients accepted for care in the TWU Dental Hygiene Clinic.
• Additional fees may apply for patients who have complicated needs, up to $75 total.
The TWU Dental Hygiene Clinic is located on the first floor of the Multipurpose Classroom-Laboratory (MCL) Building, at the intersection of Bell Avenue and College Street on TWU’s Denton campus. Parking is available at the visitors’ parking lot at Bell Avenue and Administration Drive.
Director of Media Relations
page updated 9/23/2014 4:39 PM