TWU to recognize students, faculty and staff during Honors Convocation
Outstanding Student Awards are based on academic excellence and involvement in extracurricular activities.
Outstanding Senior Awards will be presented to:
• Natalie Kent of The Woodlands, an art major with a concentration in graphic design; and
• Katie Schniebs of Springtown, a mathematics major.
Outstanding Graduate Student Awards will be presented to:
• Elizabeth M. Claffey of Chicago, Ill., a candidate for a master of fine arts degree in photography; and
• Anita Chaillot Broxson of Houston, a fall 2010 doctoral graduate in nursing science.
TWU faculty receiving recognition are:
• Dr. Penelope Hanstein, professor of dance — the Cornaro Award;
• Dr. Manal Rawashdeh-Omary, assistant professor of chemistry and physics, and Dr. Brigitte Vittrup, assistant professor of early childhood development and education — the Mary Mason Lyon Award;
• Dr. Linda Marshall, associate professor of social work — the Humphries Award;
• Dr. Donna J. Sauls, associate professor of nursing — Distinction in Scholarship;
• Dr. O. Jayne Bowman, associate professor of occupational therapy, Houston — Distinction in Service;
• Dr. Mark Hamner, associate professor of mathematics and computer science — Distinction in Teaching;
• Dr. Karen Dunlap, assistant professor of teacher education — Innovation in Academia; and
• Dr. Sally Ford, assistant professor of kinesiology, and Dr. Kimberly Miloch, associate professor of kinesiology — Distinction in Distance Education.
TWU staff members receiving recognition are:
• Tracy Lindsay, assistant director for the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs — TWU Award of Excellence; and
• Heather Davis, senior analyst for the Office of Undergraduate Studies, and Brandie Golleher, program director for the General Studies Program, Outstanding Achievement Awards.
page updated 11/25/2013 10:13 AM