Texas Woman's University, with campuses in Denton, Dallas and Houstonskip to page content

Marketing & Communication


j TWU Home

Marketing and Communication
News Releases
TWU in the News
Media Kit
Photos
TWU Brags
Marketing Opportunities
Recruitment Enhancement Programs
Media Relations Policy
Banner/Marquee and Photo Release Forms
PowerPoint Templates
Poster Templates
Graduation Hometown Press Releases
Webspinners
Staff Directory

 


TWU Home > Marketing & Communication > News Releases

The Meadows Foundation contributes $1 million to Texas Woman’s University

6/16/08



Photo credit: Susan Sponsler-Carstarphen
Cut line: from left: TWU Dallas Building Campaign Co-chair Sheila Marlow, Meadows Foundation President and CEO Linda Perryman Evans and TWU Chancellor Dr. Ann Stuart.

The Meadows Foundation contributes $1 million to Texas Woman’s University

DALLAS — The Meadows Foundation has awarded $1 million to Texas Woman’s University for its new T. Boone Pickens Institute of Health Sciences-Dallas Center.

“The Meadows Foundation is among the most recognized private foundations in the country,” TWU Chancellor Dr. Ann Stuart said. “TWU is grateful for the Meadows Foundation’s support of our Dallas project. This is a significant donation, and one we are very proud of receiving.”

The new Institute of Health Sciences-Dallas Center combines TWU’s Parkland and Presbyterian sites into a dynamic campus-in-one building at the Parkland location. Groundbreaking for the 190,000-square-foot facility is scheduled for 2009, with a planned opening in 2011.

The new institute will allow TWU — already the state’s leading provider of new nurses and other healthcare professionals — to incorporate industry-standard technology into classrooms and laboratories that will enhance career preparation for students. Bringing together TWU’s College of Nursing, the nationally recognized TWU Stroke Center and the university’s nationally ranked programs in occupational and physical therapy will facilitate the new model of educating together the disciplines needed for a team approach to patient care.

“The Meadows Foundation is pleased to support TWU in its efforts to build a new state-of-the-art campus in Dallas,” said Meadows Foundation President and CEO Linda Perryman Evans. “This new teaching facility will enable the university to increase its number of graduates and meet the state’s demand for highly skilled nurses and other healthcare professionals.”

Chancellor Stuart is leading the $55.5 million campaign for the project, of which more than $44.5 million has been raised to date.

Major donors to the Dallas building campaign include: the T. Boone Pickens Foundation; the Meadows Foundation; the Jane and John Justin Foundation; the Simmons Family Foundation; the Hoblitzelle Foundation; the Sid W. Richardson Foundation; the Hillcrest Foundation; the Texas Woman’s University Foundation; the George and Fay Young Foundation; the Amon G. Carter Foundation; the Tom A. Harris Fund, the Roberta Coke Camp Fund and the Basil Georges Fund of Communities Foundation of Texas; the Pollock Foundation; the Robert Tucker Hays Foundation; Mr. and Mrs. Jere W. Thompson; Mrs. Orien Woolf; Ann Stuart, Chancellor and President of TWU; the Abe Zale Foundation; and the James M. Collins Foundation.

For more information on TWU’s new T. Boone Pickens Institute of Health Sciences-Dallas Center, visit www.twu.edu/dallascampus.
Established by Algur H. and Virginia Meadows in 1948, the Meadows Foundation’s mission is to assist the people and institutions of Texas to improve the quality and circumstances of life for themselves and future generations.

Since its inception, the Meadows Foundation has disbursed more than $600 million in grants and direct charitable expenditures to more than 2,900 Texas institutions and agencies. Foundation grants support work in the fields of arts and culture, civic and public affairs, health, education and human services.

For more information on the Meadows Foundation, visit www.mfi.org.

###

 


Media Contact:
Amanda Simpson
Director of News and Information
Tel: (940) 898-3456
e-mail: asimpson1@twu.edu

 

Page last updated January 22, 2009

Office of Marketing & Communication
1215 Oakland St.
P.O. Box 425410
Denton, TX 76204-5410
Phone: (940) 898-3456 | Fax (940) 898-3463

TWU Homepage | A-Z Sitemap | Search the TWU site |  Accessibility Policy | Privacy Policy

Visit Request information