TWU SACS Visits/Workshops
TWU to host workshops to prepare for SACS Committee on-site visits
SACS Committee Visits
Texas Woman’s University currently is undergoing its reaffirmation of accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, or SACS. As part of this process, SACS Committee members will conduct the following on-site campus visits:
- March 27 — The Dallas on-site campus visit by Dr. Susan Bosworth, SACS On-Site Committee chair;
- March 28 — The Denton campus preliminary SACS on-site-visit by Dr. Bosworth;
- April 9-11 — The SACS On-Site Committee visit to the Denton campus.
TWU SACS Workshops
In an effort to better inform faculty and staff about the process, TWU will host informational workshops regarding the on-site visits.
“What to expect when SACS visits TWU” workshops will include the “who,” “what,” “where” and “why” of the committee visit; SACS: Initial Findings of Compliance; QEP (Quality Enhancement Plan): An Introduction to “Learn by Doing;” question and answer sessions; and giveaways. Dr. Barbara Lerner, associate provost of undergraduate studies and academic partnerships/TWU SACS liaison, and Dr. Kimberly Miloch, interim director, QEP, will present the workshops.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to attend one of three sessions:
- March 19 — 10-11 a.m., ACT 301, videoconference in IHSH 3322 and IHSD 3510
- March 22 — 1-2 p.m., ACT 301, videoconference in IHSH 3322 and IHSD 3510
- March 25 — 3-4 p.m., ACT 301, videoconference in IHSH 3310 and IHSD 3510
Please RSVP to Kim McQuarry, TWU SACS project coordinator, at email@example.com by March 18.