TWU Arts Triangle
THURSDAY, APRIL 4, 2013, 5:00 - 7:00 PM
:: Artwork, Dance, Drama, Music Performances ::
Explore the spaces where the arts happen at TWU. Free tour begins at Hubbard Hall and ends with a reception at the Redbud Theater Lobby. Join us Thursday, April 4th for action and adventure with staged combat and fight choreography with guest artist Lloyd N. Caldwell.
- The tour will begin at the east entrance of Hubbard Hall with a collaborative performance with Dance students and Biology/Chemistry students.
- The tour then moves north to the west side of the Blagg-Huey Library with performances by Dance students, Music students and Drama students in conjunction with Lloyd Caldwell, this years visiting artist.
- Moving around the library to the north through the University Gardens, there are Drama students presenting a one act piece, and Dance students with an improvisational performance.
- As the crowd moves to the lawn area north of the Blagg-Huey Library and fountain, they will see oversized canvases being painted and revised as the group moves through the area.
- In the Bernice Abreo Fischer amphitheater, there will be a final performance with Lloyd Caldwell and students from the various departments in the School of Arts.
- After the performance by visiting artist Lloyd Caldwell, there will be a reception with refreshments in the foyer of the Redbud Theater Complex. A brass quintet will play various selections during the reception.
For a map of the Denton campus, visit www.twu.edu/maps.asp. For more information about the tour, call (940) 898-2086.