L.H. Hubbard, president of the College from 1926 to 1950, began a beautification program for the campus in the 1930s, including a long-term plan to more than 2,000 redbud trees to the landscape. What came to be known as “Redbud Lane” began near the woods and gardens at the north end of campus, lining drives and walks and extending to the southern end of the campus. TWU Chancellor and President Dr. Ann Stuart began a program to re-establish Redbud Lane after taking office in 1999.
page updated 1/2/2013 4:49 PM