Where do I begin?
Start by creating a Pioneer Portal account. This will create your TWU username and password. Spend some time exploring the tools and resources available in Pioneer Portal. Shortly after your Pioneer Portal account is created, your email account will be created automatically.
The Office of Technology has a centralized Service Desk to answer technology questions and manage service requests. You can get the help you need by calling 940.898.3971, emailing email@example.com, chatting during work hours or submitting a request through our ticketing system, Footprints.
- You can access email at work either by using Outlook or Google Mail. #
- Set up your email on your mobile device(s). #
- Make a request for phone setup at your desk by contacting the Service Desk. #
- Request a long distance code. #
- Set up your voicemail.
- Blackboard is our learning management system. Faculty accounts are created automatically at the beginning of each semester. Staff should contact the Service Desk to request an account. You will need to use Blackboard to complete mandatory safety training and FERPA training.
- Use Phoenix to manage your timesheet and Pioneer Alerts. Create an account online.
- Use SQL Reports for official data queries and reports. Contact the Service Desk for access.
- The X drive is the TWU directory of shared folders. You may use this for personal web-based storage. Your supervisor may add you to directories through Portal
- Sharepoint is another site for shared documents and collaboration—you should be automatically added to sites based upon your directory information. Need additional access? Contact the Service Desk!
Gain Access as Appropriate
- Colleague is our student information system. You may need access—if so, you may also need access to WebAdvisor. Request an account. Then have your supervisor request mnemonics (screens) through the Service Desk.
- You may need to access GMedia—our tool for document imaging. Your supervisor will need to request access on your behalf through the Service Desk.
- If you manage a webpage, you’ll need access to our Reddot, our content management system. For access, email a member of the web team and cc your supervisor.
Need additional help?
page last updated 3/8/2016 3:42 PM